How To See Who Downloaded Recordsdata In Google Drive.
Together with storing a number of recordsdata and folders, Google Drive means that you can share and collaborate these recordsdata with different individuals.
However how are you going to know if somebody has downloaded them or clicked the shared hyperlink? Or who at present has entry to them and if they will edit them?
On this article, we clarify varied methods to know if somebody has entry to your Google Drive recordsdata and if it’s potential to know that they’ve downloaded them.
How to See Who Downloaded Recordsdata in Google Drive?
Actually, there isn’t a method to know when somebody downloads your recordsdata in Google Drive in case you are utilizing a private google account (the free one which comes with each google account).
Nonetheless, you possibly can not less than know who has entry and may even reassign what sorts of entry individuals have to stop them from making modifications to the initially shared doc.
To find out about different alternate options, you possibly can proceed studying the article beneath.
Viewing Exercise of the File
In case you shared a file on Google Drive with Anybody with the hyperlink entry, there isn’t a method to know for positive who downloaded it.
Nonetheless, if you happen to share the file with particular individuals/teams, you possibly can see the listing of all of the individuals who can entry it. Additionally, you possibly can know when somebody has edited the file. That means, you might guess if they may have downloaded the file each time the exercise of the file modifications.
However nonetheless, Google Drive hasn’t but supplied a method to know precisely who or how many individuals have downloaded the file.
Nonetheless, you possibly can see who has entry to the shared file as follows.
- Open a browser and register to your Google Drive account.
- Click on My Drive from the left sidebar.
- Choose the shared file/folder. You can even use the search bar to seek out it when you have too many recordsdata or folders.
- Now, click on the View particulars icon (appears to be like like somewhat ‘i’ inside a circle) within the prime proper nook.
- Underneath the Particulars tab, hover over the profile image to know who has entry to the file.”
- Click on the Exercise tab to see if somebody has made modifications to the file.
On Cellular Units
- Open the Google Drive app.
- Faucet on the Recordsdata tab.
- Subsequent, faucet on the More actions icon (three vertical dots) subsequent to the shared file/folder.
- Subsequent, faucet on Particulars and exercise.
- Faucet on the Who has entry part to view all of the individuals who can entry the file.
- Moreover, you possibly can see when the file was accessed not too long ago or prior to now beneath the Exercise part.
Utilizing Third-Occasion Companies
You possibly can join some third-party service that allows you to combine your Google Drive account and observe your drive recordsdata.
Utilizing them, you possibly can know what number of occasions the file has been downloaded, the quantity of people that have considered it, and even the precise time when it was considered.
Utilizing a URL Shortener
Earlier than sharing a google drive hyperlink, you possibly can shorten it utilizing a URL hyperlink shortener. Then, you possibly can observe what number of occasions individuals have clicked the hyperlink.
Nonetheless, a click on doesn’t essentially imply the file was downloaded, and it’s potential that somebody solely considered the file.
Utilizing Google Apps Limitless
In case you are subscribed to Google Apps Limitless, you possibly can view an in depth description of the shared file exercise for each member of the shared drive.
Nonetheless, it’s essential have Supervisor degree entry to the shared drive. Then, you should utilize the drive audit log, often known as the log occasion knowledge, to know who downloaded the file and even the IP tackle of the one that downloaded or edited it.
- First, log in to your Admin console together with your administrator account.
- On the left sidebar, click on to broaden Studies on the sidebar and choose Audit log > Admin.
- Now, in the correct pane, you possibly can view who downloaded or accessed the file beneath the Person class, together with all of the exercise achieved on the file. (accessed, date accessed, IP tackle, gadget sort).
Can They Entry Different Recordsdata Saved in My Google Drive?
Apart from the file/folder for which you’ve gotten shared the hyperlink, different individuals can’t entry the remainder of your recordsdata inside your Google Drive.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News