How to Fix Wireless Keyboard Lagging When Typing on Mac -Saint.
Bluetooth gadgets and peripherals make our lives a lot simpler, however typically they will trigger issues, particularly with interrupted connections.
This is a much bigger problem for Mac desktop customers who don’t have a built-in keyboard like MacE book customers.
We’ve bought some easy fixes so that you can remedy keyboard lag and get you back to nice typing or gaming.
Let’s get began.
1. Reconnect the Keyboard
Since wi-fi keyboards are related by way of Bluetooth, take into account refreshing this connection as your preliminary repair. A weak or unstable connection between the keyboard and the Mac might be answerable for the lagging downside.
Additionally, glitches can happen inside the Bluetooth connection, and reconnecting the gadgets can successfully resolve this. Here’s how to do it:
- To get began, click on on the Bluetooth icon on the high proper nook of the menu bar.
- From the drop-down menu, go to Bluetooth Settings.
- Locate your keyboard device and click on on the data icon next to it.
- Finally, click on on Forget This Device.
Now put your wi-fi keyboard in pairing mode and observe comparable steps to reconnect the 2 gadgets.
2. Check the Keyboard’s Battery
Continuous lagging is often an indication of low battery, and it’s solely a matter of time earlier than your keyboard goes lifeless.
Typically, a completely charged wi-fi keyboard can maintain as much as a month’s utilization, though this length can fluctuate relying on particular person utilization patterns. These keyboards are additionally designed to enter low-power mode routinely when inactive, aiding in battery conservation.
There are fairly just a few methods to verify the battery stage of your wi-fi keyboard. Follow alongside:
- On your Mac, search for a light-weight indicator beside the charging indicator. If it flashes pink, you have to cost your keyboard to repair the lag problem.
- You may also click on on the Bluetooth icon in your Mac’s menu bar and verify the battery proportion by hovering over the related keyboard.
The wi-fi keyboards often go into low energy mode routinely when not in use. So you don’t must manually flip the keyboard on and off to avoid wasting your battery.
3. Force Restart Application
At occasions, the wi-fi keyboard could solely lag for explicit functions.
If you’re in an analogous state of affairs, the issue could lie inside that utility as an alternative of the keyboard or your laptop. This might be a brief bug or glitch which may be simply eliminated upon refreshing this system.
Follow the steps under to take action:
- Begin by urgent the Command + Space key to entry Spotlight Search.
- Type Activity Monitor and press the Enter key.
- When the window opens, scroll by the record to find the problematic app.
- Select it and click on on the x icon on the high to force-close it.
Now, relaunch the applying and verify if the issue stays. In that case, you might want to update the applying from the App Store to eliminate the difficulty.
4. Remove Other Connected Devices
For many customers, the lag problem was linked to having a number of gadgets related to their Mac, both by ports or Bluetooth.
They discovered success in resolving the issue by solely connecting the wi-fi keyboard and disconnecting different peripherals.
You could attempt the identical technique to repair the difficulty.
4. Check Keyboard Settings
The latency problem you’re experiencing whereas typing may stem out of your wi-fi keyboard’s present settings. Adjusting these settings may successfully resolve the issue.
To do that, observe these steps:
- Start by going to the Apple menu from the top-left nook of the display screen.
- Then, click on on System Settings.
- From the left pane, click on on Bluetooth.
- Look for the data icon next to your keyboard and click on on it.
- Afterward, click on on the Keyboard Settings button.
- Drag the Key repeat charge to the precise to Fast.
- Also, drag the Delay till repeat to the left to Long.
Finally, shut the settings and see if the keyboard remains to be lagging.
5. Reset Mac’s Bluetooth
At occasions, glitches or bugs could discover their method into your laptop’s network connections and have an effect on their performance. Since wi-fi keyboards are related by way of a Bluetooth connection, this might be why the peripheral is lagging when typing.
To resolve this, you’ll be able to reset the Mac’s Bluetooth module. Below are the steps you might want to observe:
- Launch Spotlight Search by urgent the Command + Space keys out of your Mac’s keyboard.
- Type in ‘Terminal’ within the search bar and press the Enter key.
- Once within the Terminal app window, paste the next command and hit the Enter key:
sudo pkill bluetoothd
Afterward, restart your Mac and use your wi-fi keyboard with none lag.
6. Update macOS Version
Outdated macOS variations can result in all types of points inside the software program and even have an effect on some externally related gadgets. This might be why you might be experiencing a lag problem when typing together with your wi-fi keyboard.
For this motive, you might want to be sure that your laptop all the time stays up-to-date. Remember that updating macOS requires adequate battery and space for storing. So, plug your Mac into its charger and unencumber some area earlier than putting in the update.
- Click on the Apple menu from the highest bar and choose System Settings.
- Next, select General from the left pane.
- Click on Software Update and watch for Apple to fetch an update.
- If there’s an update out there, click on on Upgrade Now to start.
Your Mac will take round half-hour to update. Once you have got the newest macOS model, the wi-fi keyboard lagging when typing on Mac problem must be resolved.
8. Use a Wired Keyboard Instead
Identifying and therefore resolving the trigger behind the wi-fi keyboard lagging problem could take a while.
Meanwhile, you’ll be able to return to the outdated methods of typing on Mac, i.e., by way of a wired keyboard. Who is aware of, chances are you’ll even discover it higher and change to this feature completely.
This sums up our information on how to repair Wireless keyboard lagging when typing on Mac. If you have got additional queries, use the feedback part under. We’ll get back to you as quickly as doable.
If this information helped you, please share it.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News, Apple Products