How To Add GIFs To Slack.
While Slack is best often known as a piece platform, sending or receiving a plain textual content message might be fairly boring, and you might really feel like speaking to a robotic. To add a enjoyable aspect and preserve a playful atmosphere whereas making conversations, you may add GIFs to your Slack messages.
However, since Slack doesn’t have an built-in GIF app, you could add one, equivalent to Giphy or Tenor. After that, sharing GIFs together with your workmates is as simple as pie.
How to Add GIFs to Slack?
There are primarily 3 ways you may ship GIFs in Slack. You can combine a GIF app like Giphy to seek for a GIF and share it. Alternatively, you may add an current one out of your PC or paste a GIF hyperlink from the net.
Integrate and Use a GIF Service
Integrating a GIF service is maybe the commonest method of using GIFs on Slack. This method, you get entry to an enormous assortment of GIFs in a single place. First, you combine a GIF service into your slack account. Then, you may seek for varied GIFs by typing a command and sending it to different group members.
For demonstration functions, we can be using one of the crucial fashionable GIF providers, GIPHY.
Here’s how one can Integrate the GIF service:
- Launch the Slack app.
- Click More within the left sidebar and choose Apps.
- Search for “Giphy” and click on Add.
- Click Add to Slack on the following redirect web page in your browser.
- Next, click on Add Giphy Integration. If you seek for different GIF providers, click on Add [GIF service] Integration.
- Adjust the Integration Settings based on your preferences. You can set what sort of gif you obtain based mostly in your viewers and whether or not you need the gif preview earlier than sending it.
- Click Save Integration.
Here’s how one can Use the app to ship GIFs:
- Now that you’ve got add Giphy to Slack, go to certainly one of your Slack channels or DMs.
- Type “/giphy” and click on /giphy [text] choice to activate the giphy command. If you utilize a unique GIF service, seek for its title as an alternative of giphy.
- Then, enter the textual content you need to seek for associated to your GIF and press Enter.
- Click the Send button to ship the GIF. You may click on Shuffle if you happen to prefer to see one other GIF.
Paste a GIF Link
Did you discover an thrilling GIF you discovered on the Internet? Well, you may share it on Slack. Alternatively, you may particularly seek for GIFs on google and ship them to your group members on Slack.
- Right-click on the GIF you discovered on-line and choose Copy Image Address.
- Now, go to the channel or direct message the place you need to ship it.
- Right-click on the Message field and choose the Paste choice. Now, you may see the preview of the GIF.
- Click the Send button.
- Hover over the GIF and click on the little cross button to take away the GIF preview. And choose the hyperlink and press the Delete/Backspace key to take away it.
Upload GIF From Your PC
If you might have some GIFs already saved in your laptop, you may ship them to others within the Slack app. Here’s how to do it.
- Select the channel the place you need to ship the GIF.
- Drag and drop the GIF file straight into it.
- Alternatively, double-click the plus icon to browse and add the GIF out of your system.
- Press Enter to ship it.
How to Remove the GIF App from Slack?
If for some purpose, you don’t need to use the app, you may disable it briefly or take away it utterly from Slack.
- Launch the Slack app and choose the workspace the place you need to disable/take away the app.
- Click your workspace title within the prime left nook and choose Settings & administration > Manage apps.
- After Slack redirects you to a webpage, choose the Installed Apps tab and click on the GIF app you need to take away.
- Then, click on Open in App Directory on the correct facet.
- Select Remove to take away the app from Slack. Alternatively, you may click on Disable to cease the app from loading.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News