Canon Printer Is Not Responding? Here’s How To Fix It.
Canon printers usually cease responding when a failed print job is pending within the queue. Although this explicit case is fixable by clearing the print queue, the problem may not at all times be so simple as that.
You might must undergo the extra steps of altering the printer port or assigning a static IP too. Let’s see the way it’s achieved.
Clear the Print Queue
Whenever you encounter the “Printer not responding” error, additionally, you will get the choice to view all of the print jobs pending in a queue.
- Click the Display Print Queue button.
- Then, click on the Printer tab and Cancel all paperwork. This will filter any print job that’s presumably stopping the printer from printing.
Do word that clearing the print queue this manner doesn’t at all times work. So, what’s higher is, that you simply do it from the Command Prompt. Here are the steps.
- Open the elevated Command Prompt in your pc.
- Execute these instructions. It will clear caught print jobs and restart the spooler service on the similar time.
internet cease spooler
del %systemrootpercentSystem32spoolprinters* /Q
internet begin spooler
- Try printing once more. It ought to work.
Check the Connection Status
If clearing the queue and restarting the spooler didn’t assist, there’s in all probability a connection problem.
- It might sound apparent, however begin by checking if the printer is turned on. Make positive the printer isn’t in sleep mode and there are not any error messages on the printer’s display.
- I like to recommend you first restart the printer. Then, examine if the USB cable is related firmly on both facet; the PC facet and the printer facet. Try replugging it too.
- Sometimes, the USB port in your PC may not be working. So, strive switching the USB ports as properly.
- For wi-fi printers, be certain that it’s related to a Wi-Fi network. Canon printers usually have a devoted Wi-Fi indicator that glows inexperienced/blue when related to Wi-Fi. If not, reconnect it.
I as soon as utterly forgot that I had modified the Wi-Fi password on my router. And was simply getting mad pondering why the printer isn’t responding.
Later, I noticed it and needed to reconnect the printer to Wi-Fi with the brand new password. The similar may need occurred with you.
On prime of that, the printer and pc might not be related to the identical Wi-Fi network. Please test for this and act accordingly.
Run the Printer Troubleshooter
Windows comes with a built-in printer troubleshooter that helps discover and repair points along with your printer simply.
I’ve, a number of occasions, mounted the “Printer not responding” drawback on my Canon printer using it. So I strongly advise you to offer it a go.
Open Settings > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters > Printer > Run to do it.
Select the Correct Canon Printer
You might not have seen it, however there is perhaps a number of profiles of the identical Canon printer put in in your pc.
As you may see, I at present have two profiles of a Canon MG5700 sequence printer on my pc.
In such instances, should you don’t choose the precise one whereas printing, you’ll encounter the “Printer not responding” error. So, it’s higher to keep just one printer profile to stop the problem.
I like to recommend you take away the Copy model of the printer driver and take a look at printing with the unique profile.
It’s even higher should you set the unique profile as a default printer.
Install the Printer to the Correct Port
Port mismatch is one other prime purpose your Canon printer stops responding. For instance, you must choose the USB port when you’ve got a wired printer and WSD port for wi-fi printer.
Similarly, the TCP/IP port should you use the printer’s IP handle to hook up with it. Selecting in any other case will make your printer unresponsive. Follow these steps to repair it.
- Open Printers & scanners settings and Remove the Canon printer.
- Now Add printer manually.
- Choose the final choice.
- Select the port.
- Choose the Canon printer driver.
- Replace it.
- Try printing.
Change the Printer’s IP
If something mentioned above doesn’t appear to repair the problem, there’s just one offender that continues to be—the IP handle of your printer.
Printers get dynamic IP handle from a router, which frequently creates communication points along with your pc. So, I strongly recommend you get a static IP.
Consult this detailed information to study more about assigning a static IP to a printer.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News