What Does ⌛ Preview Hidden in macOS Messages App Mean?.
In the morning, you’re on the brink of undergo your day. Now, you open your Mac, you launch the Messages app and also you get prompted with a bizarre message that claims “Preview Hidden” and you can’t view the contents of the message.
Now, you’re puzzled as to why this occurred and why is it solely occurring now?
Well, the quick reply is that the “Preview Hidden” message is utilized by Apple to dam and filter undesirable messages and media content material from restricted contacts and unknown contacts.
There is all kinds of the reason why this message can seem too, and that’s what we’re going to speak about on this put up.
Not solely will we be discussing the attainable the reason why you’re getting prompted with a “Preview Hidden” message in your Mac, but in addition if this occurs to a contact that you simply usually talk with, we’re going to present you ways to repair this problem too!
Before we get into fixing it, let’s first perceive why the “Preview Hidden” message might seem in your Mac.
What Does The “Preview Hidden” Message Mean on macOS?
There are a few the reason why the “Preview Hidden” message seems within the Messages app on macOS. Here are among the the reason why the “Preview Hidden” message seems on the Message app on Mac.
The ‘Show Preview Option’ in Settings is Disabled.
On macOS, there’s an possibility to show off message previews on the notification. This will hide all delicate content material of the message when it seems on the notification banner.
If you resolve to disable previews in your messages then, it’s attainable that it causes a glitch on the Messages app which makes the “Preview Hidden” message seem even in case you already seen the message from the notifications.
It May Be a Message from a Person That Is Not in Your Contacts.
If you’ve gotten Screen Time turned on and your ‘Allowed Communication’ is ready to Contacts Only then, you received’t have the ability to see the message from individuals that aren’t in your Contact record.
This explains the rationale as to why you’re seeing the “Preview Hidden” message in your Macbook. It filters the messages from different folks that you simply don’t know to be able to keep away from getting spam or phishing messages.
You Received a Message from a Restricted Contact.
Apple has an possibility for iMessage to dam an individual or prohibit them so that you simply received’t obtain messages from them. This implies that you received’t have the ability to see messages from individuals that you’ve got restricted.
However, it’s attainable that the Messaging app encountered a bug that also shows message notification from the person who you blocked however the precise content material of the message is just not accessible. This may be the rationale for the “Preview Hidden” message on the Message app.
Now that you’ve got an concept of why this uncommon “Preview Hidden” message seems in your Mac, try some troubleshooting guides that you would be able to observe to take away the “Preview Hidden” message on Mac.
How to Fix “Preview Hidden” in macOS Messages App.
There are a few methods to repair the “Preview Hidden” drawback within the Messages app. However, on this information, we’re going to present you the best methods on how to resolve this problem to be able to get back on viewing the content material of those messages as quickly as attainable.
1. Restart Your Mac
If you’re getting the “Preview Hidden” message in your Mac, you possibly can strive doing a easy restart to resolve this problem. Several customers declare that restarting their Mac fastened the issue with the Messaging app on macOS.
The “Preview Hidden” message can simply be a easy system bug and a easy restart of your Mac’s working system can repair this problem.
In restarting your Mac, you are able to do any of the steps under:
- On your Mac, discover and click on Apple Menu then, choose Restart.
- Locate your Mac’s Power Button then, press and maintain it till the ability choices menu pop-up. After that, click on on Restart or press “R” in your keyboard.
- You may do a power restart. To do that, press and maintain each the Control + Command keys collectively in your keyboard whereas urgent the Power Button till the display turns off.
After restarting your Mac, watch for it to complete booting up then, attempt to open Messages and see if the “Preview Hidden” problem is fastened. If not, you possibly can proceed to the subsequent technique.
2. Change ‘Allowed Communication’ Settings.
If you obtain loads of messages from unknown contacts, you would possibly wish to change your ‘Allowed Communication’ settings to Everyone. This will take away the “Preview Hidden” message each time an unknown particular person sends you a message in your Mac.
To change your settings, observe the steps under.
- Open your Mac and launch the Settings app.
- Next, you will notice a Search Bar on the higher proper a part of the Settings web page (as proven under). Search for “Restricted Contacts” and hit your Enter key.
- Now, click on on Screen Time then scroll all the way down to Communications Limits. It is a inexperienced software icon with an individual in the midst of the circle.
- After that, discover the Allowed Communication part and click on on During Allowed Screen Time.
- Lastly, change your Allowed Communication from Contacts Only to Everyone.
After altering the settings to Everyone, shut the Settings and the Messages app. Then, restart your Mac and see if the “Preview Hidden” message is gone.
If you’re nonetheless having issues after altering your ‘Allowed Communication’ settings, strive doing the subsequent technique.
3. Unblock the Restricted Contact.
If you wish to view messages from Restricted Contacts, what you are able to do is to unblock the particular person first then block them once more after viewing their messages.
Restricted contacts are being filtered on the messaging app which causes the “Preview Hidden”.
To unblock your contacts, proceed to the steps under.
- On your Mac, open Finder and click on on the Applications tab.
- Now, underneath the Applications tab, open the Messages app in your Mac.
- Next, on the menu bar click on on the Messages tab. You can discover it on the higher left a part of the display.
- After that, click on on Preferences. Alternatively, you possibly can press on the Command + Comma (,) button in your keyboard to open Preferences.
- On the Preferences web page, discover and click on on the Accounts tab.
- Next, underneath the Accounts tab, click on on the Blocked button which you’ll find on the center a part of the web page next to the Settings button.
- Lastly, discover and click on the person who you wish to unblock and press on the (-) button which is situated on the bottom-centre a part of the display.
Now that you’ve got unblocked the particular person, restart the messaging app in your Mac, and check out viewing the message with the “Preview Hidden” problem.
If the “Preview Hidden” message remains to be current after doing the steps above, you possibly can proceed to the subsequent technique.
4. Enable Notification Previews.
If you’ve gotten your notification previews disabled, then you’ll not see the content material of the messages when it seems on the notification banner. In some circumstances, macOS would possibly assume that you’re nonetheless viewing the message on notifications so it hides the preview of the message.
Enabling Notification Previews in your Mac can probably resolve the difficulty of the “Preview Hidden” message. To do that, observe the process under.
- On your Mac, click on on the Apple menu situated on the higher left a part of your display.
- Next, discover and click on on System Preferences.
- Now, contained in the System Preferences, find the Notifications icon which is normally beside the Language and Region icon.
- After that, click on on Messages. Then discover Notification Previews and set it to Always.
After that, restart the Messages app in your Mac then strive checking if the “Preview Hidden” message is gone.
This sums up our information on how to repair the “Preview Hidden” message within the macOS Messages app. We hope that this text helped you in fixing this drawback in your Mac.
Also, if you recognize different methods on how to repair this drawback tell us within the feedback part. We would gladly offer you credit score as soon as we up to date this text sooner or later.
If this information helped you, please share it. 🙂
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News, Apple Products