How to Fix Screen Share Not Working in Google Meet on Mac.
Looking to repair Screen Share not working in Google Meet on Mac?
Google Meet permits people to attach for private or skilled functions from everywhere in the world.
Besides contacting by way of audio and video calls, Google Meet permits customers to take part by sharing their laptop display with different members.
However, many customers have reported a problem with the Screen share function not engaged on Mac.
This downside can happen as a consequence of numerous underlying causes, similar to an unstable web connection, misconfigured settings, or an outdated internet browser.
We have talked about a number of troubleshooting fixes on this information that will help you resolve this problem.
So, let’s get began!
1. Rejoin the Meeting.
The first and primary methodology to repair the Screen share not working in Google Meet on Mac is to depart the assembly and shut your browser. After some time, click on on the invite hyperlink once more to rejoin the assembly. This means, any glitch within the browser that could be inflicting the error shall be eliminated.
Then, examine in case you can share your display now. If you may’t, don’t fret! There are quite a few strategies on this information that you should utilize to repair the problem very quickly.
2. Ensure You Have An Active Internet Connection.
An energetic web connection is a should for a Google Meet name. So, in case you’re going through a problem whereas display sharing on Google Meet on Mac, it might be due to a poor web connection. Try disabling your digicam in the interim and solely share your display to repair the problem.
To resolve the problem, first, examine your web power by following these steps:
- Launch Safari out of your Mac.
- Head over to quick.com and let the web page load mechanically.
- After just a few moments, your web pace shall be displayed on the display.
- Once the method finishes, examine your web pace.
If the connection is poor, take into account connecting to a different network and making an attempt once more. You may flip off your digicam throughout the name and solely share the display to repair the issue.
3. Check Google Meet Host Settings.
If you’re a participant in a Google assembly and can’t share your display, it might be as a result of the host has disabled Screen share for contributors. If so, you could ask the host to examine their Host settings.
Similarly, in case you’re the host in a gathering, the contributors can not share their screens. So, you will have to examine your Google Meet host settings and allow the choice to permit the contributors entry to this function.
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Google Meet out of your most popular browser and begin a gathering.
- Now from the assembly, click on on the lock icon from the lower-right nook of the display.
- Turn on the toggle next to Host administration.
- Then, change on the toggle for Share their display to offer the display sharing choice to contributors.
This ought to clear up the Screen share not working problem on Mac.
4. Enable Screen Recording Permissions.
Another motive you may’t share the display with others is as a result of the display recording permissions are disabled on your most popular browser. To use this function on Google Meet on Mac, you could enable the browser to file the display.
So, observe the steps under to take action:
- Select the Apple menu from the highest bar and click on on System Preferences.
- Next, click on on Privacy & Security from the appropriate pane.
- Choose Screen Recording.
- Now, examine the toggle on your browser and be sure that it’s turned on.
- If you may’t discover your browser, choose the + icon.
- Look for the browser, choose it, and click on on Open.
Once carried out, it is best to be capable of share your display in Google Meet with none downside.
5. Check Safari Screen Sharing Settings.
If you’re using Google Meet on Mac’s default browser, i.e., Safari, as a substitute of any third-party browser, you could examine Safari’s display sharing settings. Ensure display sharing permission is granted for Safari to make use of the function successfully.
To examine Safari display sharing settings, carry out the next steps:
- Open the Safari app and go to Google Meet to start out a gathering.
- Next, open a brand new tab and click on on Safari from the top-right nook.
- Choose Settings.
- After that, head to the Websites tab.
- From the left pane, click on on Screen Sharing.
- Look for meet.google.com and choose the drop-down menu next to it.
- Choose Ask from the choices.
- Now, head over to the Google Meet window and click on on the Present icon.
- From the pop-up that seems, click on on Allow to Share Screen.
This ought to assist you to share your display in a gathering on Mac.
7. Turn On Hardware Acceleration.
Turning on Hardware Acceleration in your Mac permits for higher efficiency and working of graphic packages. If you’re having hassle with the Screen share function in Google Meet, enabling Hardware Acceleration will assist resolve the problem.
Follow the steps under to show it on:
- Launch Safari in your Mac.
- Click on Safari from the menu bar and choose Settings.
- Now, head to the Advanced tab.
- Turn the toggle on for Hardware Acceleration.
Note that the Hardware Acceleration function is enabled by default as of macOS Catalina.
8. Update Web Browser.
If not one of the strategies talked about above resolve the Screen share not working in Google Meet problem, the final resort is to make sure your internet browser is updated. Sometimes, an outdated browser model doesn’t embody all the newest options.
Hence, in case you can’t share the display in Google Meet, examine for any new updates and obtain and set up them.
To update Safari, observe the steps under:
- Launch Spotlight Search by urgent the Command + Spacebar keys.
- Type in ‘Check for Software Updates’ within the search bar and press the Enter key.
- Now, see if there’s any pending update. If there’s, click on on Upgrade now.
The latest model of Safari shall be downloaded by updating macOS.
This concludes our information on how to repair Screen Share not working in Google Meet on Mac. If you have got any questions, be at liberty to make use of the feedback part under. We’ll get back to you very quickly.
If this information helped you, please share it.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News, Apple Products