Fix: Mail App Opens Itself Randomly on Mac.
Is your Mail app opening itself in your Mac if you are engaged on it?
Having this sort of problem on macOS is kind of acquainted as there’s a major variety of customers who reported the identical factor on totally different boards (report1, report2, report3). Based on the studies, the Mail app will simply randomly flash in your display screen, which might get in the best way in case you are working in your laptop. This is actually irritating, particularly in case you are watching your favourite film or engaged on an essential doc that’s close to its due.
There are a few culprits to this sort of conduct of the Mail app. You is likely to be coping with an improper configuration of your Mac, a bug with the software program or perhaps a battle with a third-party e-mail. Whatever the trigger is, there may be at all times an answer or a workaround to software program associated issues.
Today, we’re going to present you just a few strategies that you are able to do in your Mac to resolve the difficulty with the Mail app opens itself randomly.
Let’s get proper into it.
1. Check Your Login Preferences.
On macOS, you’ve an possibility to pick out totally different functions which might be launched robotically when you login to your system. If you’re seeing the Mail app whenever you log in to your laptop, you’ll be able to examine your settings to confirm if the Mail app is ready to launch at login.
Check out the steps under to information you on the method:
- On your Mac, click on on the Apple emblem positioned on the top-left nook of your display screen.
- After that, click on on System Preferences.
- Inside System Preferences, click on on User & Groups.
- Lastly, click on on the Login Items tab and make it possible for the Mail app is just not on the checklist of functions set to start out whenever you log in.
Now, restart your laptop and attempt to use it usually to examine if the Mail app would nonetheless proceed to open itself randomly.
2. Stop Applications from Reopening.
There is a characteristic on macOS that enables functions to open proper the place you left it even whenever you shut or restart your laptop. If you’ve opened the Mail app, then it will nonetheless be working within the background which might get in your means.
You can disable this characteristic in your Mac to forestall the Mail app from randomly showing in your display screen. The following steps will information you on how to take action:
- On your laptop, click on on the Apple emblem on the prime of your display screen.
- After that, click on on System Preferences.
- Next, click on on the General tab.
- Lastly, Enable ‘Close windows when quitting an app’ possibility on the General tab in order that functions can be stopped instantly whenever you shut it.
Once you’re performed, restart your laptop and attempt to use it usually to see if the issue with the Mail app opening itself is already resolved.
However, in case you are nonetheless having points with the Mail app opens itself randomly, you’ll be able to proceed to the following methodology under to attempt to repair the issue.
3. Disable Power Nap.
Power Nap is one other characteristic in your Mac that enables it to examine for emails, calendar notifications, and different updates whereas your laptop is on sleep. You can attempt disabling this characteristic to forestall the Mail app from working when your Mac is on sleep.
To disable Power Nap, comply with the steps under to information you thru the method:
- First, click on on the Apple emblem positioned on the top-left portion of your display screen and choose System Preferences.
- After that, Click on Energy Saver.
- Lastly, uncheck the ‘Enable Power Nap’ choice to disable the characteristic.
Restart your laptop afterward and attempt to use your laptop usually to see if you happen to would nonetheless encounter the issue with the Mail app.
4. Disable Google Calendar Notifications.
If you’re using the Mail app to entry your Gmail account, then you definately would possibly need to examine your Google Calendar settings. It is thought that Google Calendar has numerous issues concerning their notifications.
Check out the steps under to information you on which settings you must configure in your Mac:
- First, log in to Google Calendar using your browser.
- On the higher proper nook, click on on the Gear icon.
- Next, click on on Settings.
- Under Settings for My Calendar, click on in your calendar identify and choose the Event Notifications tab.
- Now, click on on the (X) button to take away any scheduled e-mail notifications from the checklist.
- Scroll right down to the ‘All-day Event Notification’ tab and repeat the process on Step 5.
- Lastly, go to the ‘Other Notifications’ part and alter the drop-down possibility from Email to None.
Restart the Mail app after altering the settings above. Now, attempt to use your Mac usually and observe if the Mall app would nonetheless seem randomly in your display screen.
5. Disable Split View.
If you’re seeing the Mail app seem in cut up view randomly, then you definately would possibly must disable the cut up view possibility in your Mac’s settings. This may also help stop the Mail app from opening in a cut up view each time a brand new message comes into your e-mail account.
- On your Mac, open the Mail app.
- After that, click on on Mail and Preferences from the menu bar.
- Now, click on on the General tab.
- Next, change the ‘Check for New Messages’ possibility from Automatically to Manual.
- Lastly, uncheck ‘Prefer Opening Messages in Split View’ to disable the characteristic.
Once you’re performed, restart your laptop and go about your regular exercise to see if the Mail app would nonetheless open randomly in your Mac.
On the opposite hand, in case you are nonetheless having points with the Mail app opening randomly in your display screen, then you’ll be able to proceed to the following methodology under to repair the difficulty.
6. Force Stop the Mail App.
If you haven’t tried power stopping the Mail app, then you must undoubtedly attempt it out. Doing this permits the app to utterly shut down its course of and provides it a recent begin the following time you run it.
To power cease the Mail app, you must press and maintain Option + Command + Esc keys in your keyboard to open the Force Quit window.
From the checklist of functions, choose the Mail app and click on the Force Quit button to cease it from working in your laptop.
Once performed, attempt to use your laptop usually to see if the difficulty with the Mail app opens itself randomly is already fastened.
7. Boot in Safe Mode.
Having your working system boot in secure mode can enable it to scan and restore listing points in your system. It additionally provides your Mac the possibility to clear its system cache which can trigger the bizarre conduct of the Mail app.
To boot into Safe Mode in your Mac, try the steps under:
- First, flip off your laptop utterly.
- After that, press on the Shift key in your keyboard and hit the Power button.
- Continue holding the Shift key till your Mac boots up utterly.
Once your system has booted up, attempt to use it for some time on secure mode to see if the Mail app would nonetheless open randomly.
8. Check For Updates.
For the ultimate methodology, you’ll be able to attempt checking for an update in your working system. It is feasible that the present model of macOS put in in your laptop has a bug or glitch that makes the Mail app open randomly.
It can be doable that Apple is already conscious of this problem on the Mail app and will launch an update to patch up the difficulty on macOS.
To examine for an update in your Mac, try the steps under:
- On your Mac, click on on the Apple emblem on the prime of your display screen and choose System Preferences.
- Inside System Preferences, click on on Software Update.
- Lastly, click on on the Update Now button if out there.
Once you’re performed updating your Mac, give it a restart and attempt to use it usually to see if the issue would nonetheless proceed in your laptop after updating its working system.
If you’re experiencing this sort of problem, significantly in macOS Mojave, you’ll be able to try our detailed information on how to deal with this sort of drawback on Mojave.
This wraps up our information on how to repair the Mail app opens itself randomly on Mac. If you occur to come back throughout one other answer in addition to those talked about above, be happy to share it within the remark part under, and we’d be glad to offer you credit score once we update this text. 😀
If this information helped you, please share it. 🙂
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News, Apple Products