8 Ways to Fix Mail Not Working on Mac.
Can’t determine why the Mail app shouldn’t be working in your Mac?
Not having the ability to verify for emails is likely one of the most annoying issues you may encounter in your Mac. Sadly, that is the case for some customers who encounter points with the Mail app.
If the Mail app in your Mac retains crashing or doesn’t load in any respect, we bought you coated.
There are many the reason why the Mail app shouldn’t be working. It could possibly be as a result of outages with Apple’s servers or network-related points.
Improper configurations and corrupted recordsdata also can trigger the Mail app to malfunction.
In this information, we’ll present you ways to repair the Mail app if it’s not working in your Mac.
Let’s get began!
1. Check Apple Servers.
As talked about, server outages could possibly be the rationale the Mail app shouldn’t be working. Given that the Mail app is an internet service, its servers play a giant part in holding options out there.
To affirm this, you may go to Apple’s system standing web page.
If there are ongoing issues with the servers, the one factor you are able to do is wait. Unfortunately, server-related errors can’t be resolved in your finish.
On the opposite hand, you may head to the subsequent resolution if the servers are tremendous.
2. Restart Your Mac.
Try restarting your Mac in the event you encounter points with the Mail app. This ought to reload its assets and resolve momentary errors that will have occurred throughout use.
This must also clear momentary and fragmented information out of your Mac’s reminiscence, which may trigger software program issues.
Here’s what you must do:
- Click on the Apple Menu within the higher left nook of your display screen.
- Now, select Restart from the drop-down record.
- Confirm your motion by clicking Restart within the dialog field.
Once completed, use the Mail app once more to verify if the issue is solved.
3. Check Your Internet Connection.
If you may’t ship or obtain emails from the Mail app, it may need one thing to do together with your network.
To affirm this, carry out a check in your network using Fast.com to measure its present bandwidth.
If you’re not getting the pace indicated in your plan, restart your modem. This ought to refresh the connection between your ISP’s servers and your device.
- Go to your modem or router and unplug its energy cable.
- Wait for five to 10 seconds.
- Reconnect the ability cable to your router and let it initialize.
Once completed, re-run the check to verify if the issue is solved. If not, report the issue to your service supplier.
4. Check Mail Authentication.
The Mail app could possibly be experiencing authentication issues with logging in to the e-mail service. This often happens whenever you update your electronic mail password immediately from the web site.
When you do that, there’s no method for the Mail app to know that you simply’ve modified your electronic mail password.
If you didn’t make any adjustments, then the file holding your authentication information could have gotten corrupted.
Regardless of the scenario, you may observe the steps beneath to clear your authentication logs:
- Launch the Mail app in your Mac.
- Now, go to Window > Connection Doctor within the menu bar.
- If there are points together with your connections, click on on Log Connection Activity.
- Next, click on Check Again.
- Click on Show Logs to see the small print of the issue. Close the window afterward.
- Press Command + Space in your keyboard to open Spotlight.
- Look for Keychain Access and open it.
- In the search bar, kind ‘@’ and hit Enter.
- Right-click in your electronic mail account and select Delete.
- Go back to the Mail app afterward.
- Navigate to Preferences > Accounts.
- Delete your electronic mail and add it back afterward.
Restart your Mac and see if the Mail app works.
5. Reset the Mail Preferences File.
Preference recordsdata comprise configurations for purposes in your Mac. When this file will get corrupted, it might trigger points.
This will be the rationale the Mail app shouldn’t be working in your Mac. In this case, you’ll must reset your Mail desire file by deleting the outdated one.
Deleting the plist file is not going to erase your information. This will solely reset the settings for the Mail app.
Here’s what you must do:
- Close the Activity Monitor if it’s open.
- Now, open Finder and click on the Go choice within the menu bar.
- Click on Go to Folder and sort the trail beneath:
- Click Go to open the folder.
- Inside the Preferences folder, search for com.apple.mail.plist
- Move the file to the Trash.
Relaunch the Mail app to verify if the issue is solved.
6. Remove State Saved Files.
If the Mail app shouldn’t be opening in your Mac, there’s likelihood that a few of its assets are corrupted.
One factor you are able to do is take away the state saved recordsdata out of your storage.
These recordsdata ought to get changed by your system routinely, fixing any points that occurred on the Mail app.
Follow the steps beneath to information you thru the method:
- Open the Finder in your Mac.
- Now, maintain the Shift key and click on on Go within the menu bar.
- Access the Library folder.
- Navigate to Containers > com.apple.mail > Data > Library.
- Open the Saved Application State folder.
- Look for com.apple.mail.savedState folder and delete it.
Restart your Mac and see if the Mail app will launch.
7. Update Your Mac.
There may be a difficulty with the Mail app on the model of macOS you’re using. To rule this out, verify if there can be found updates in your Mac and set up them.
This ought to patch points inside your software program that causes the Mail app to malfunction.
Here’s how one can update your Mac:
- Click on the Apple icon within the higher left nook of your display screen.
- Now, click on on System Preferences.
- Access the Software Update and wait in your Mac to verify for updates.
- Click on Update Now or Upgrade Now to put in the update.
- If you might be using a MacE-book, make it possible for your battery is a minimum of 50% charged. You can simply depart it plugged into the wall outlet through the update.
- Your Mac can restart a number of occasions whereas putting in the update.
- The update progress bar may additionally seem like caught. When this occurs, don’t do something. Software updates can take a number of minutes to finish.
Once completed, strive using the Mail app to see in the event you’ll nonetheless encounter issues.
At this level, the very last thing you are able to do is search assist from the specialists.
Visit Apple’s assist web page and seek for the precise drawback you’re experiencing with the Mail app. You ought to see attainable fixes for the difficulty and a few articles about it.
If you may’t discover something useful, you may contact Apple’s crew by means of chat or telephone.
For quicker actions, you may convey your Mac to the nearest Apple Store to have it checked by an expert.
That brings us to the tip of our information on how to repair the Mail app if it’s not working in your Mac. If you will have questions, please depart a remark beneath, and we’ll do our greatest to reply them.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News, Apple Products