How to Install Google Chrome on Steam Deck (2023).
Google Chrome is likely one of the hottest browsers on desktop and cell, and even Steam Deck homeowners may wish to use the browser to surf the web on their handheld console. Unfortunately, Steam Deck doesn’t include a default browser. Moreover, there are not any clear directions on how to put in a browser in your Steam Deck. You don’t want to fret anymore, as we’re right here to assist. In this information, we’re going to train you the way to put in the Google Chrome browser in your Steam Deck using two straightforward strategies.
Use Google Chrome on Steam Deck (2023)
As identified beforehand, Steam Deck is an entire PC working Linux. You can use one of the best Steam Deck docks or USB-C hubs to attach a monitor and peripherals and use it like a desktop. That means it additionally permits customers to put in browsers, comparable to Google Chrome and Firefox, to satisfy their web shopping wants.
While Valve has a nifty characteristic that allows you to set up Chrome from Game Mode, we’ve additionally defined the step-by-step course of to put in the Chrome browser through Desktop Mode. Use the desk beneath to navigate to the strategy you need.
How to Get Google Chrome on Steam Deck (Easiest Method)
An attention-grabbing factor to notice is that Valve has made it surprisingly straightforward to put in Chrome on the Steam Deck. When you begin using your new Steam Deck, navigating to the “Non-Steam” Game tab within the Library will current you with a well-known possibility. To guarantee customers don’t have to change to the desktop mode to put in a browser, Valve enables you to set up and use Google Chrome through SteamOS. Here’s the way it works:
- First, press the Steam button and choose the “Library” possibility in your Steam Deck.
- In the Library, press R1 and transfer to the “Non-Steam” tab.
- Within the “Non-Steam” tab, you will note a “Non-Steam Shortcuts” pop-up in the event you haven’t put in any app but. It tells you you can add and entry non-Steam video games right here and you can set up Chrome to check out this characteristic. Well, click on on “Add Chrome” and wait just a few seconds for Google Chrome to put in.
- You will now have the Google Chrome browser put in in your Steam Deck. If you could have the SteamGridDB plugin put in through Decky Loader, you’ll be able to change the Chrome icon with ease.
Valve programmed Steam Deck to immediate customers to put in Google Chrome, which is fairly handy. This solves two issues. The first one is that customers now know what to do with the non-steam tab of their library. The second one is that Valve eliminated the need of customers determining how so as to add a browser by prompting them to put in the most well-liked browser accessible available in the market.
How to Install Google Chrome through Steam Deck Desktop Mode
While the above methodology is the best, there’s an opportunity that you’ve already put in different non-Steam apps in your Deck. All hope is just not misplaced in that case. Now, you’ll be able to set up Google Chrome from desktop mode, the steps for which have been defined beneath:
- First, change to the Desktop Mode on Steam Deck to browse the Linux desktop. On the desktop, click on on “Discover” (retailer icon) on the Taskbar to entry the software program heart for Steam Deck.
- Here, click on on the search bar and use the “Steam + X” shortcut to convey up the on-screen keyboard on Steam Deck. Search for Chrome right here. Next, click on on “Install” to obtain the Google Chrome browser in your moveable console.
- Now, open up Steam in desktop mode. On the left backside, there needs to be a plus signal. Click on it and choose “Add a non-steam shortcut.”
- Browse the Google Chrome shortcut and add it to the Library. The icon ought to now flip up in recreation mode.
- Alternatively, faucet the Steam Deck icon within the backside left nook and seek for Chrome. Once the shortcut seems, right-click on it and choose the “Add to Steam” possibility. This will add the shortcut to the sport mode.
- Now, change back to Game mode on Steam Deck and head to the “Non-Steam” tab to see the Google Chrome shortcut there.
How to Use Google Chrome in Steam Deck Desktop Mode
Accessing Google Chrome in desktop mode is so simple as switching from the sport mode and exploring the Linux desktop atmosphere. To use Chrome in Desktop mode on Steam Deck, observe the steps beneath:
- First, change to the Desktop Mode on Steam Deck using the steps within the linked article.
- Once in Desktop Mode, click on on the Steam Deck emblem within the bottom-left nook of the taskbar. Here, hover your mouse cursor on the “Internet” part to seek out the Google Chrome shortcut. Click on Google Chrome in the precise pane to open the browser.
How to Uninstall Google Chrome from Steam Deck
To take away the Google Chrome browser from Steam Deck, observe the steps beneath:
- First, change to the Desktop mode, which can enable us to browse the Linux desktop on our Steam Deck.
- Once in Desktop mode, click on on the Steam Deck emblem within the bottom-left nook to convey up the explorer. Here, discover Google Chrome and right-click on Steam Deck to open the context menu. Then, choose the “Uninstall or Manage Add-Ons” possibility.
- Doing so will open up Google Chrome’s app retailer web page within the software program heart. Next, click on the “Remove” button on the top-right to eliminate the browser out of your Deck. That’s it.
Get Google Chrome on Steam Deck
So yeah, these are two easy strategies to put in Google Chrome in your moveable Steam Deck console. The course of is pretty easy, due to Valve acknowledging the need of a browser, particularly one that may be accessed instantly from the sport mode and never desktop mode. However, in case you are a hardcore person and like to make use of your Steam Deck as a pc as nicely, do use the desktop mode methodology we defined above. Also, try the fundamental Linux Terminal instructions to simply navigate across the Linux atmosphere on Steam Deck. So, have you ever put in Google Chrome in your Steam Deck? Let us know within the feedback beneath.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News