How do I Change the Default Font on Microsoft Word.
Microsoft 365 apps are being up to date with a brand new default theme for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. The new theme features a new shade palette, default line weights, and a brand new default ‘Aptos’ font. But you aren’t tied to it if it doesn’t catch your fancy. Here’s how one can change the default font on Microsoft Word.
How do I alter the default font on Microsoft Word
- Launch Microsoft Word and open a brand new doc.
- Under the ‘Home’ tab, click on on the fly-out menu within the ‘Font’ part.
- Under the ‘Font’ tab, choose your font.
- Make some other modifications you want, such because the ‘Font style’, ‘Size’, ‘Font color’, and ‘Effects’.
- Click on Set As Default.
- When prompted, choose All paperwork primarily based on the Normal.dotm template and click on OK.
FIX: Unable to vary the default font on Microsoft Word
If you’re unable to vary the default font on Word, or if it’s reverting to Aptos, you might must make the modifications to the Normal.dotm file. Here’s how:
- Open File Explorer and navigate to
C:Users(username)AppDataRoamingMicrosoftTemplatesand open Normal.dotm.
- Set your default font as proven above.
- From now on, all of your paperwork ought to open with the default font as chosen by you.
Let’s think about a number of generally requested questions on altering font on Microsoft Word.
Is the Aptos font the default font on Microsoft365.com?
With the brand new default theme rollout, the default font on Microsoft365.com in addition to the Microsoft365 app has additionally modified to Aptos.
Why does my default font change doesn’t persist?
If your default font setting doesn’t persist, strive turning off Word add-ins earlier than making the change. To achieve this, open File > Options > Add-ins. Select ‘Word add-ins’ within the Manage record and switch off all add-ins. Now change the default font after which re-enable Word add-ins.
The new Microsoft 365 theme was first launched to Windows Insiders in July 2023, whereas its common availability has been rolling out since December 2023. Though the Aptos font might go properly with the brand new theme, not everybody can be keen to regulate to the change simply but.
We hope you have been capable of change the default font on Microsoft Word. Until next time.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News