MSI Afterburner Not Detecting GPU.
MSI afterburner is likely one of the sought-after software program to handle and configure the system efficiency. This device is broadly used because it affords a one-click answer for overclocking. Nevertheless, in latest instances, customers are reporting that it’s not in a position to detect the GPU and is proscribing them from performing system tune-ins.
That is very more likely to occur if another utility interferes with Afterburner’s performance. The plain repair for that is to establish that exact program and disable it.
So, at the moment on this article, we’ll go into more element relating to this downside and the assorted fixes you should utilize to unravel it.
Why is my MSI Afterburner Not detecting GPU?
Listed here are some salient explanations for why the MSI Afterburner could not acknowledge the GPU.
- Show unit related to a mistaken port
- Outdated Graphic card Drivers
- Apps interfering with the Afterburner
- Outdated Afterburner model put in
- Points with the configurations in Afterburner
How to Repair MSI Afterburner Not Detecting GPU
Earlier than you begin the fixes under, carry out primary troubleshooting by restarting the pc and checking if the problems persist after it boots up. Additionally, be sure that the monitor’s cable is related to the right GPU port. Strive utilizing a spare cable and see if the Afterburner registers the GPU.
Lastly, attempt these fixes to search out the decision to this downside.
Disable Low-Stage IO Driver
The Low-level IO driver facilitates communication between the Afterburner and the GPU to configure the GPU settings. This driver assists the Afterburner in bypassing the BIOS, in overclocking the GPU. Nevertheless, as reported by many customers, this performance has prevented Afterburner from detecting their GPU.
The characteristic is enabled by default within the Afterburner, however you’ll be able to disable it from the settings. Right here’s how you are able to do it.
- Open MSI Afterburner.
- Click on on the Settings button.
- Beneath the Compatibility properties, you will see the Allow Low-level IO driver choice.
- Click on on it to uncheck the choice and disable it.
- Click on on Apply to save lots of adjustments.
Uninstall Conflicting Apps
It’s discovered that some apps are interfering with the Afterburner and stopping it from detecting the GPU. Vanguard anti-cheat is one such utility discovered to be the wrongdoer for this problem. Most customers have discovered that turning it off enabled the Afterburner to perform correctly.
The Vanguard program appears to intervene with the MSI Afterburn for some causes and restricts it from recognizing the GPU.
You can also attempt disabling the Vanguard utilizing this course of.
- Go to the System tray.
- Discover the Riot Vanguard Icon and right-click on it.
- Click on on Exit Vanguard.
- Click on on Sure when requested for affirmation to show off vanguard. Your gadget will now restart.
- When the gadget boots up, verify if the Afterburner is functioning nicely.
Notice: After disabling the Vanguard, you received’t be capable of play the Valorant. You should re-enable it and restart the gadget to play the sport.
When you’ve got discovered every other utility to be interfering with the Afterburn, attempt uninstalling that too.
- Press Windows + I to open up the Settings.
- Go to Apps > Apps and options.
- Navigate to the app you wish to uninstall and click on on the three vertical dots on its aspect.
- Click on on Uninstall and provides affirmation to take away the applying from the gadget.
Carry out Clear Boot
The clear boot is a superb device to troubleshoot points in Windows and decide if a selected app is inflicting the problems. The Clear boot operates the windows beneath restricted packages and drivers that allow you to resolve the problems associated to system purposes. To repair the MSI Afterburner problem, you must attempt troubleshooting via the clear boot.
- Press Windows Key + R to open Run.
msconfigand hit enter to launch the system configurations.
- Navigate to the Common tab and click on on Selective startup.
- Uncheck Load startup objects.
- Now, go to the Providers tab and Click on on Hide all Microsoft providers.
- Click on on Disable all.
- Go to Startup Tab and click on Open Job Supervisor.
- Within the Job Supervisor, choose each app listed there and disable it.
- Restart the pc and verify the Afterburner whether it is detecting the GPU now.
If the Afterburner is functioning file, this means that the applying you disabled earlier is perhaps at fault for this error. Run trial and error by enabling the purposes one after the other, and uninstall this system that’s inflicting the problem for Afterburn.
Update GPU Drivers
When you’ve got outdated GPU drivers put in in your gadget, the MSI Afterburner in all probability misses out on detecting it. Thus, putting in it can provide you a repair for this problem. Moreover, use these steps to update the GPU drivers.
- Press Ctrl + X and click on on System Supervisor.
- Increase the checklist of Graphic drivers beneath the Show Adapters.
- Proper-click on the GPU driver and click on on Update.
- Click on on Search Robotically for Drivers. When you’ve got already downloaded the drivers, select the choice Browse my pc for driver.
- Comply with the immediate and update the drivers to the most recent model.
If none of those fixes go your manner, you may also attempt reinstalling the Afterburner. The Afterburner won’t have been correctly put in, or it is perhaps incompatible with the system.
If such is the case, use these steps to reinstall it by downloading the most recent model from the MSI’s obtain heart.
- Go to the Obtain web page for the MSI Afterburner.
- Click on on Obtain Afterburner. A zipper file will begin downloading.
- Go to the obtain listing and extract the zip file.
- Open the executable file from the extracted folder and set up the MSI Afterburner.
Carry out Windows Updates
Typically the Afterburner doesn’t detect the GPU if some underlying points exist with the system. Microsoft rolls out common Windows OS updates that repair the system’s bugs and even the drivers. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that you just keep your Windows gadget updated to stay freed from such GPU-related points.
Right here’s how one can verify and obtain the most recent system updates.
- Press Windows Key + I to open up the Settings.
- Navigate to the Windows Update choices.
- Now, click on on Examine for updates. It would seek for the most recent updates out there on your system. It would say you’re updated if the most recent updates are put in already.
- Click on on Obtain and set up if it finds new update releases.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News