How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge From Windows 11.
Microsoft Edge has made main strides since its launch, however it might nonetheless not be your ultimate browser.
Though Microsoft Edge has made vital progress in recent times, it nonetheless lags far behind its largest rival—Google Chrome. For those who’re somebody who doesn’t like utilizing Microsoft Edge, chances are you’ll wish to do away with the browser solely.
It’s no secret that Microsoft needs customers to make use of its personal browser on Windows 11. To that finish, the corporate has made it troublesome to take away the browser from Windows 11. Nevertheless, it’s nonetheless potential to take action. Right here we’ll present you three alternative ways to uninstall Microsoft Edge out of your Windows 11 PC.
1. How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge Utilizing the Command Immediate
You possibly can uninstall Microsoft Edge out of your PC by working a number of instructions within the command immediate. The method requires you to know the model variety of Microsoft Edge in your pc. After getting that, you’ll be able to do away with the browser.
Listed below are the steps it’s essential comply with.
- Open Microsoft Edge in your PC.
- Click on the three-dot menu icon within the high proper nook and choose Assist and suggestions > About Microsoft Edge.
- Copy Microsoft Edge’s model quantity from the About part.
- Press Win + X and choose Terminal (Admin) from the menu that seems.
- Choose Sure when the Consumer Account Management (UAC) immediate exhibits up.
- Within the console, run the next instructions to navigate to the listing the place Microsoft Edge is put in:
cd %Program Information (x86)%MicrosoftEdgeApplicationEdgeVersionInstaller
Exchange EdgeVersion within the above command with the precise model quantity famous earlier.
- Paste the next command and press Enter to uninstall Microsoft Edge.
When you run the above instructions, Microsoft Edge might be eliminated out of your PC. If you wish to set up the browser sooner or later, you are able to do so by downloading it from the Microsoft Retailer.
If you would like to get more out of this software, you’ll want to take a look at the Windows Command Immediate instructions it’s essential to know.
2. How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge Utilizing Windows PowerShell
Like Command Immediate, you may as well use Windows PowerShell to uninstall Microsoft Edge out of your Windows 11 PC. Not like the earlier technique, this one doesn’t require you to know Microsoft Edge’s model quantity. This is the way it works.
- Press Win + S to open the search menu. Sort in Windows PowerShell and choose Run as administrator.
- Choose Sure when the Consumer Account Management (UAC) immediate seems.
- Paste the next command and press Enter.
- Spotlight the textual content subsequent to PackageFullName and press Ctrl + C to repeat it.
- Run the next command to uninstall Microsoft Edge.
Take away-appxpackage <PackageFullName>
Exchange <PackageFullName> within the above command with the bundle identify copied earlier.
When you execute the above command, Microsoft Edge might be uninstalled.
3. How to Uninstall Microsoft Edge Beta, Dev, or Canary Channel Builds Utilizing the Settings App
Not like the secure model, eradicating a preview construct of Microsoft Edge is comparatively easy. You possibly can uninstall it similar to some other app. This is how to do it utilizing Windows 11 Settings app.
- Press Win + I to open the Settings app.
- Navigate to the Apps tab and click on on Put in apps.
- Scroll all the way down to find Microsoft Edge’s preview construct.
- Click on the three-dot menu icon subsequent to it and choose Uninstall.
- Choose Uninstall once more when the affirmation pop-up seems.
Other than the Settings app, you’ll be able to uninstall the browser from the Begin menu or the Management Panel. See our information to be taught alternative ways to uninstall built-in apps on Windows 11.
Get Rid of Microsoft Edge
With Windows 11, Microsoft tried all the pieces potential to entice customers to change to Microsoft Edge. Sadly, it hasn’t labored out very properly, as many individuals nonetheless favor to make use of alternate options like Google Chrome. In case you are certainly one of them, you’ll be able to do away with Microsoft Edge utilizing the steps outlined above.
Now that you’ve got uninstalled Microsoft Edge, you would possibly wish to make your most popular net browser the default choice on Windows 11.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News