How to Pin Word, Excel, and PowerPoint Recordsdata to Their App Icons on the Windows 11 Taskbar.
Windows 10 helps you to pin Office information to their respective apps utilizing drag and drop, however it would not work in Windows 11. Here is how to pin them.
You in all probability work in your Windows PC every single day, so why not make it more environment friendly? You might already be utilizing just a few methods to make on a regular basis computing smoother and simpler—like retaining apps and information pinned to the taskbar.
Nonetheless, in Windows 11, pinning Office information is now not as simple as a drag-and-drop repair because it was on Windows 10. However it may well nonetheless be simply performed. Let’s examine how.
Why You are Having Hassle Pinning Office Recordsdata to Office Apps in Windows 11
To maintain Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint information a click on away on Windows 10, you drag and drop them to their respective icons on the taskbar. Nonetheless, in case you’ve upgraded to Windows 11 or purchased a brand new PC with Windows 11 pre-installed, you may quickly uncover that the drag-and-drop technique doesn’t work there.
So, how do you pin Office information to their taskbar icons on Windows 11? Fortuitously, there’s a workaround to this, and it is simple to do too.
1. Pin the Word, Excel, or PowerPoint App to the Taskbar
First, that you must pin the Office app, be it Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, to the Windows 11 taskbar. Here is how:
- Click on on the Windows icon within the taskbar to open the Begin Menu. You might discover the Office app icons there. Else, click on on All Apps on the highest proper of the beginning menu to open the itemizing of all of your apps.
- Proper-click on the Word, Excel, or PowerPoint icon to open the context menu. Then choose Pin to taskbar.
The Word, Excel, or PowerPoint app will get pinned to the taskbar. As you’ll be able to see within the screenshot beneath, the Word and Excel apps have gotten pinned. You’ll be able to pin the PowerPoint app in the identical approach.
2. How to Pin a Word File to the Pinned Word App on the Windows 11 Taskbar
Now let’s pin a Word file to the Word icon on the taskbar.
- First, you should open the Word file you wish to pin to the Word icon. As you’ll be able to see within the screenshot beneath, I’ve opened the file named The 2022 LA Challenge.
- Now you needn’t do something besides shut the Word file. Since this may be the final opened Word file, it could now function within the Current listing of Word—and that is what you need.
- Proper-click on the Word icon on the taskbar. It can open the menu and you will notice the Word file underneath Current. As you’ll be able to see within the picture beneath, The LA 2022 Challenge file is underneath Current.
- Now you’ll be able to right-click the file to open the Context Menu. Simply choose Pin to this listing.
- Alternatively, whenever you hover along with your mouse over the file you will notice the Pin icon on the suitable. Simply click on on the Pin icon.
Now the Word file will get pinned to the Word icon on the taskbar.
3. How to Pin Excel and PowerPoint Recordsdata to Their Respective Pinned Apps
The strategy to pin Excel and Word information to their app icons on the taskbar is similar as detailed above for pinning the Word file.
- Open the Excel or PowerPoint file you wish to pin. Then shut the file.
- Proper-click the Excel or PowerPoint icon on the taskbar to open the menu and verify for the file underneath Current.
- Then both right-click the file and select Pin to this listing. Or pin it utilizing the Pin icon.
You may also try our information to learn to pin folders, web sites, webpages, and even drives to the Windows 11 taskbar. And there are additionally a number of methods to customise the Windows 11 taskbar to your liking.
Entry and Work on Your Office Recordsdata in a Snap
Sure, that is how simple it’s to pin an Office file to its app icon on the Windows 11 taskbar. So go forward; pin your information and keep your most necessary and used information only a click on away.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News