How to Repair Dolby Atmos Not Working in Windows 11.
Dolby Atmos is an progressive sound expertise that takes house theater to a completely new degree. With this characteristic enabled, you may expertise crisp and clear sound results in your favourite motion pictures and exhibits.
Nonetheless, for those who’re having hassle utilizing Dolby Atmos in Windows 11, you have come to the appropriate place. Comply with the beneath steps to learn to repair the problem and luxuriate in Dolby Atmos enabled music once more.
What Causes Dolby Atmos to Cease Working?
Dolby Atmos not working in Windows 11 is a typical downside for customers who’ve not too long ago up to date their Windows variations. In keeping with some experiences, this downside can happen you probably have outdated and defective sound drivers put in in your gadget. Listed below are some doable causes of the error message.
- A misconfigured setting.
- An outdated or malfunctioning sound driver.
As these two are the most important components behind the issue, it is time to determine how to repair it.
1. Run Windows Taking part in Audio Troubleshooter
Earlier than troubleshooting, restart your laptop and test if a easy reboot resolves your concern. When that does not work, guarantee you might be linked to a tool supporting Dolby Atmos. If every thing appears to work superb, you must now run the Audio Troubleshooter to see whether or not it makes any distinction.
- Press Windows + I to open the System Settings.
- From the left pane, click on on the System tab.
- Click on on the Troubleshoot choice.
- Choose Different troubleshooters.
- Click on Run subsequent to Taking part in Audio.
It can detect audio service issues and test their standing. If the device finds associated points, it’ll notify you and supply additional help and proposals.
2. Set up the Latest Windows Updates
Generally the older model of Windows may cause issues along with your laptop’s performance, so you must guarantee you’ve the latest model. Comply with the steps to test the update standing of your PC.
- Proper-click on Begin and choose Settings.
- Choose Windows Update from the left pane.
- Click on Examine for updates to see if there are any updates
In case you discover any pending updates, set up them after which restart your laptop. When it begins up, test whether or not it resolves the issue of Dolby Atmos not working.
3. Update the Sound Driver
An outdated or malfunctioning sound driver can result in issues with Dolby Atmos. On this situation, update the defective sound driver and test if it solves the problem. Listed below are the steps.
- Press the Windows + R keys to open Run Command dialog field.
- Sort devmgmt.msc within the textual content field and press Enter to open the Machine Supervisor.
- Double-click the Sound, video, and recreation controllers tab to increase it.
- Proper-click on the gadgets you see there and choose Update driver.
- On the Update Drivers window, click on Search mechanically for drivers.
Windows will then decide probably the most appropriate driver in your gadget and set up it mechanically.
4. Roll Again the Sound Driver
If the issue began after a driver update, you must roll again to the earlier driver model that was working. Head to the Machine Supervisor.
- Proper-click on Begin and choose Machine Supervisor.
- Find Sound, video and recreation controllers and increase it.
- Now right-click in your gadget and select Properties from the context menu.
- When the Properties window opens, go to the Driver tab and click on on Roll Again Driver.
- Choose the explanation why you might be rolling again the driving force.
- Click on on the Sure button to proceed.
As soon as you have accomplished the steps above, you must restart your laptop, so Windows can restore your driver and test whether or not it resolves the problem.
5. Allow Unique Mode
Unique Mode refers to an audio software that controls the driving force of an audio gadget to stop different functions from taking part in sound in parallel. Windows 11 has this characteristic by default, however for those who flip it off by accident, you will find yourself with this downside. Comply with the steps beneath to allow it.
- Press the Windows + I keys to open the Settings menu.
- Choose System from the left pane.
- Click on on the Sound class on the appropriate.
- Scroll right down to the Superior part, and click on More sound settings.
- On the Playback tab, right-click in your speaker and choose Properties.
- Change to the Spatial sound tab within the Speaker Properties window.
- Then click on on the drop-down menu and choose the Dolby Atmos for Headphones choice.
- Click on Apply to avoid wasting your settings.
- Now go to the Superior tab.
- Underneath the Unique Mode part, tick each packing containers listed there.
- Click on OK to avoid wasting the modifications.
After you have made the modifications above, play some content material to test if Dolby Atmos works. If it would not, transfer on to the following answer.
6. Reset the Dolby Entry App
Go on to the supply if the appliance doesn’t work because it ought to. You could restore and reset the Dolby Entry app in your Windows 11.
- Proper-click on the Begin menu and choose Apps and Options.
- Underneath App checklist, seek for the Dolby Entry app.
- As soon as you discover it, click on on the three dots subsequent to it.
- Choose Superior choices from the menu checklist.
- Subsequent, scroll right down to the Reset part and click on the Reset button.
- When the immediate seems, click on Reset once more.
It can take some time for the method to finish. As soon as that is completed, test to see if this methodology solves the Dolby Atmos concern in your laptop.
Resolving the Dolby Atmos Difficulty in Windows 11
Dolby Atmos is a game-changing audio encoding expertise that permits you to take pleasure in your favourite video content material otherwise. Nonetheless, it could cease working when you’ve an outdated or corrupt sound driver. In such a case, the data supplied above will help you in resolving the problem. You could carry out a system restore when not one of the above steps helped you repair the issue.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News