How to Allow the Climate Widget in Windows 11.
The most recent model of the Windows 11 OS replaces the widget icon with a climate widget within the left nook. You possibly can hover your cursor over the widget to view the extra climate info and entry different widgets.
Nevertheless, should you do not need to update to the newest Windows model but, you may allow the hidden climate widget utilizing a third-party instrument. Right here we present you the way.
ViveTool is a third-party command-line utility. It allows you to allow new options which might be nonetheless not out there to the general public launch of the Windows OS.
You need to use it to allow the climate widget in your Windows 11 PC. ViveTool can be out there within the GUI model, however for this information, we are going to present you the way to make use of the command-line model of the instrument.
Notice that modifications to the Windows system by a third-party utility contain threat. Be sure to have a Windows backup helpful or create a restore level to recuperate your laptop in case of a mishap. Moreover, you may create a recovery drive and system restore disc to have further recovery choices.
To allow the climate widget in Windows 11:
- Obtain ViveTool from its GitHub repository.
- Extract the Zip archive to get the ViveTool folder.
- Subsequent, transfer the ViveTool folder to the next path:
- Subsequent, press the Win key and sort cmd. Proper-click on Command Immediate and choose Run as administrator.
- Within the Command Immediate window, kind the next command one after the other and hit Enter to execute:
vivetool addconfig 34301415 2
vivetool addconfig 36553793 2
vivetool addconfig 36226054 2
vivetool addconfig 36226456 2
- The above command will toggle the listed characteristic ID to allow the climate widget in Windows 11.
When the command is efficiently executed, you will notice the Efficiently set characteristic configuration message.
Shut Command Immediate after which restart your PC to use the adjustments. After the restart, the climate widget will seem on the left nook. In the event you see the common widget icon, watch for a couple of minutes for it to update and alter to the climate widget.
Use Climate Bar to Show Climate Data in Windows 11
Climate Bar is a third-party open-source utility that lives in your taskbar and system tray. At a look, it exhibits the temperature situation. You possibly can click on on the icon to view further climate info, together with a forecast for subsequent week.
It’s a higher various to the ViveTool as it could work independently of the widget app. Right here’s how to make use of the Climate Bar app to show climate info in Windows 11 taskbar.
- Go to the Climate Bar obtain web page.
- Click on on the Exe Windows button to obtain the executable package deal.
- Run the installer and full the set up.
As soon as put in, the Climate Bar icon will seem within the taskbar. Click on on the app to view further info. You may as well customise the temperature measuring unit, structure, launch icon, and more on the app’s desire web page.
You possibly can disable the widget choice in Windows 11 to disable the climate widget utterly. Right here’s how to do it.
- Press Win + I to open Settings.
- Open the Personalization tab within the left pane.
- Click on on the Taskbar choice in the correct pane.
- Underneath Taskbar Gadgets, toggle the change for Widgets to disable the climate widget.
Alternatively, you can even use the Registry Editor and Group Policy Editor to take away the climate widget from the Windows 11 taskbar.
You possibly can simply allow the built-in climate widget in your PC utilizing ViveTool. Nevertheless, if you’re not comfy operating a third-party app to make system modifications, you may go for the Climate Bar app. It’s free, correct, and works independently of the widget app in Windows 11.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News