How to Disable the Snipping Device in Windows 11.
The Snipping Device is a built-in program in Windows that allows you to seize screenshots. You should use this device if you wish to share one thing with somebody or if it’s essential save a replica of what’s in your display.
Nonetheless, if you happen to do not use it to take screenshots or depend on different third-party purposes as an alternative, you may not want this device in your system. As such, if you want to disable the Snipping Device in your Windows 11 PC, this information will allow you to in doing so.
The Snipping Device is a display seize utility on the Windows working system that lets you take screenshots and crop them in varied methods. The device presents totally different options, comparable to Rectangular Snip, Window Snip, Full-screen, and Free type mode, for taking screenshots on the pc.
One of the best factor about this device is that it comes pre-installed with all variations of Windows. This implies you don’t have to obtain something to make use of it. Check out our article on why you need to use the Snipping Device in Windows 11 which highlights its superiority over different display seize strategies.
You’ll be able to disable the Snipping Device by the Native Group Policy Editor or the Registry Editor.
1. How to Disable the Snipping Device through the Native Group Policy Editor
The Native Group Policy Editor is a superb device that you should utilize to configure a variety of system settings in your Windows 11 PC. So, if you happen to’re not a fan of the Snipping Device, you possibly can disable it utilizing the Native Group Policy Editor.
This device is just accessible within the Professional and Enterprise editions of Windows 11. Due to this fact, in case you are operating the Residence version of the OS, you’ll first have to allow the Native Group Policy Editor in Windows Residence. Alternatively, you possibly can skip it and transfer instantly on to the subsequent resolution if it appears too difficult.
Right here’s how one can disable the Snipping Device utilizing the Native Group:
- Press the Win + R to open the Run dialog field.
- Within the textual content area, kind “gpedit.msc” after which click on the OK button to launch the Native Group Policy Editor.
- Navigate to the next places once you’re within the Native Group Policy Editor::
Consumer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Parts > Pill PC > Equipment
- From the left pane facet, choose the Equipment folder, then double-click on the Don’t enable Snipping Device to run on the best
- Choose the Enabled radio button within the dialog field that seems.
- After you’ve got made your modifications, click on Apply and OK to save lots of them.
You will want to restart your pc after finishing the steps above to ensure that the modifications to take impact. While you restart your pc, test if the Snipping Device is disabled. For this, press the Win + Shift + S keyboard shortcut, and you will note the next error message:
Windows can’t open this program as a result of it has been prevented by a software program restriction policy. For more data, open Occasion Viewer or contact your system administrator.
Should you ever have to allow the Snipping Device once more, open the Native Group Policy Editor once more. Then, set the Don’t enable Snipping Device to run radio button to “Disabled”. After making the modifications, be sure you click on Apply > OK.
2. How to Disable the Snipping Device Utilizing the Registry Editor
The Windows Registry is one other methodology you should utilize to disable the Snipping Device in Windows 11. One problem with this device is that it is fairly delicate, so if you happen to unintentionally edit the unsuitable keys, it may critically injury your system. In such a case, it’s all the time advisable to again up the Registry first earlier than making any modifications to its settings.
This information will stroll you thru the method of disabling the Snipping Device in Windows 11.
- Press the Win + R keys to open the Run Command dialog field.
- Within the textual content area, kind “regedit” and press the Enter key.
- The UAC window will seem on the display. Click on the Sure button to verify your motion.
- As soon as you’ve got opened the Registry Editor, navigate to the next location:
- In case the TabletPC key doesn’t exist, you will want to create it. For this, right-click on Microsoft and choose New > Key.
- Give it the identify “TabletPC” after which hit Enter to reserve it.
- Now right-click on TabletPC and choose New > DWORD (32-bit) Worth.
- Title the worth as DisableSnippingTool after which press Enter.
- Double-click on the newly created DWORD key, which is able to open a pop-up window.
- Ensure that the Hexadecimal base is chosen and alter the worth information to 1.
- Click on OK to save lots of your modifications.
After making the above modifications, shut the Registry window and restart your pc. While you restart, the Snipping Device will not be accessible.
In case it’s essential use the Snipping Device at any time, you possibly can allow it at any time. For this, you need to open the Registry Editor and right-click the DisableSnippingTool key. From the Context menu, choose Modify and choose 0 as Worth information.
To save lots of your modifications, choose Hexadecimal as your base and click on OK. Upon getting executed so, shut the Registry window. Additionally, remember to restart your system after making these modifications.
Taking screenshots in your pc is kind of simple once you use Windows’ Snipping app, however this isn’t your solely possibility. Completely different third-party instruments and Windows hotkeys will also be used to seize your display.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News