How To Take away OneDrive From File Explorer?.
Is your laptop stuffed with too many information and purposes? If sure, eliminating the apps you now not want, like OneDrive is an efficient place to begin. There are a number of simple methods to take away OneDrive out of your File Explorer.
How to Take away OneDrive From File Explorer?
If you wish to completely delete OneDrive, you may merely uninstall it. Nevertheless, there are methods you may take away it out of your file explorer briefly with out uninstalling it. Relying in your desire, take away OneDrive by following the steps talked about beneath.
While you unlink OneDrive, your PC’s information will cease syncing. Nevertheless, there isn’t any lack of knowledge if you achieve this. Moreover, unlinking OneDrive along with your PC removes it from File Explorer. So, comply with the steps talked about beneath to take action.
- Find the OneDrive icon on the precise facet of the taskbar. If not out there, click on on the upward arrow to indicate the hidden icon.
- Then, right-click on OneDrive and click on on settings. (Or, Assist & Settings > Settings)
- A popup window opens. Go to the Account tab. Then, click on the Unlink this PC button.
- Then, press the Unlink account button. One other popup window for establishing OneDrive seems. Shut the window.
Utilizing Registry Editor
Registry Editor permits the person to make modifications in your listing. Via the registry editor, you may both delete the residual file from the registry or disable it briefly.
Deleting a random folder from the Registry Editor invitations issues to your System. So, retaining a backup of the Registry Editor is helpful in case you delete a fallacious folder or make undesirable modifications.
Right here’re the steps:
- Press the Windows button + R to open Run.
regeditand press OK.
- Press Sure on the affirmation menu.
- On the left facet of the editor, go to the next path,
- Click on on the goal folder inside NameSpace
- Proper-click on the identify of the OneDrive file on the precise facet of the Registry Editor and choose Delete
- Click on on Sure.
After you full the steps talked about above, you must restart your laptop.
Alternatively, if you wish to Disable Onedrive comply with these steps:
- Press the Windows Button + R, then sort in
regeditand press OK.
- Click on Sure on the affirmation menu.
- On the left facet of the editor, go to following path
- Double click on on System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree. A popup window seems.
- On the enter field, take away the worth knowledge 1 and kind in 0. Then, press Enter. Don’t alter with Base on the precise facet of the window.
Reversing the tactic talked about above lets you allow OneDrive that you simply’ve disabled. To take action, comply with all of the steps talked about above aside from the ultimate one. Then, Take away 0 from the textbox and enter 1, and press OK.
Utilizing Group Policy Editor
Windows lets you forestall utilization of OneDrive utilizing Native Group Policy Editor. While you achieve this, it removes OneDrive from File Explorer. Observe the steps talked about beneath fastidiously to keep away from points and mishandling of Policy Editor.
- Press the Windows button + R
gpedit.mscand press OK.
- On the left facet of the Native Group Policy Editor window, go to Laptop configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Elements. Then,
scroll down, find and click on on the OneDrive folder.
- Afterward, double click on Stop the utilization of OneDrive for file storage from the precise a part of the window.
- You’ll see Not Configured chosen on the highest left nook of the popup window. Choose Enabled.
- Then, click on Apply and OK(backside proper).
Observe: Group polcicy editor is just out there to Windows Enterprise, Schooling and Professional customers.
Uninstall the Program
Uninstalling OneDrive out of your PC utterly removes this system out of your PC. We advocate you uninstall OneDrive if different strategies of eradicating information don’t work.
Observe these steps to uninstall the applying:
- Click on on the windows icon or the beginning menu from the taskbar. Sort in Add or take away applications. Press enter. Or click on on the beginning menu
- Then, scroll and seek for Microsoft OneDrive.
- Click on the three-dot on the precise and press Uninstall.
- Then, affirm the uninstall.
After you uninstall OneDrive, delete this system file for OneDrive to take away it from File Explorer.
- Open File Explorer.
- Go to This PC > C: drive > Customers > Your Consumer Profile Folder.
- Then, right-click on the OneDrive folder.
- Then, press Delete.
- Afterward, navigate your recycle bin. Then, right-click and press Empty Recycle Bin. Then, press Sure.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News