How To Transfer Outlook To New Pc.
Whether or not you might be switching to a brand new laptop with a special Outlook model or a special platform like Windows/Mac, you may simply transfer your Outlook information.
The Outlook contents embody the e-mail messages out of your inbox and outbox, together with the saved drafts, calendars, contacts, and so on. Moreover it, you may also export particular settings like your guidelines, fonts, themes, and Outlook signatures.
How to Transfer Outlook to a New Pc?
You may mainly switch Outlook information in simply two steps. First, you export the required information right into a file. Then, you import them on the brand new laptop.
Nevertheless, doing this can solely create a replica of the Outlook information, however the unique information continues to be intact and obtainable within the earlier system.
To take away and delete all of the Outlook information on the older laptop, you may take away the related electronic mail account out of your account settings. You are able to do it by going to
File > Data > Account Settings > Account Settings.
Since eradicating the account will delete every part associated to the Outlook app on that laptop, it’s a little bit riskier. As an alternative, you may filter particular contents and select to keep away from duplicate objects throughout the export course of.
Export the Outlook Knowledge
To switch Outlook info akin to emails, shared calendars, contacts, and so on., it’s a must to export it first. Then, you should utilize an exterior storage system like a USB to attach and import them to a different laptop.
Nevertheless, you may solely switch Outlook information between two Windows machines or Macs (some variations solely) as they export the file in several codecs (PST and OLM). It is because Microsoft Outlook doesn’t present a built-in device to transform the codecs.
However you should utilize varied different obtainable on-line instruments and third-party software program to transform them.
- Launch the Outlook app.
- Click on the File menu from the highest bar.
- Then, choose Open & Export from the sidebar and click on Import/Export in the appropriate pane.
- Now, below the Select an motion to carry out part, choose the Export to a file possibility and click on Subsequent.
- Choose the Outlook Knowledge File (.pst) possibility on the subsequent immediate and click on Subsequent.
- Choose the objects (Calendar, Contacts, Inbox, and so on.) you need to export. You may solely select to export one merchandise at a time. To export every part in your Outlook account, choose the proper electronic mail account whose contents you need to export.
- Moreover, click on Filter if you’d like one thing particular from the Outlook information. Additionally, allow the Embody subfolder checkbox to repeat all the info inside the chosen folder.
- Then, click on Subsequent.
- On the Export Outlook Knowledge File window, click on Browse to vary the save location of the PST file. Word its location and reserve it the place you may simply discover it to import on one other laptop.
- Moreover, you may select to permit, exchange or filter the duplicate objects contained in the export pst file. Select one of many choices in response to your preferences.
- Click on End when completed.
- On the Create Outlook Knowledge File window immediate, add a password if you’d like. In any other case, go away it empty and simply click on OK.
By default, the exported file shall be saved as
backup.pst and you will discover it within the following location.
As an alternative of a PST file, Outlook lets you export its information within the OLM format. If you wish to import the Outlook information from Windows, which is in PST format, you could have to convert it.
- Open the Outlook app.
- Click on the Instruments menu from the highest bar and click on on Export.
- On the Export to Archive File (.olm) window immediate, choose the objects you need to export and click on Proceed.
- On the Save archive file (.olm) as immediate, choose the popular file identify and vacation spot subsequent to the Save as and The place fields, respectively. Word the save location to make it simpler for import functions afterward.
- Click on Save.
- Look forward to the export course of to finish and click on End.
On Outlook Net
Whilst you don’t have the choice to export a PST file in Outlook’s internet model, you may export your Outlook contacts.
- Register to your Outlook internet account.
- Then, click on the Folks icon within the left sidebar.
- Now, click on the Handle button within the top-right nook.
- Subsequent, click on the Export contacts possibility.
- On the subsequent immediate, choose All contacts below the Contacts from this folder area.
- When completed, click on Export.
- By default, Outlook exports the file as
contacts.csv. Rename it if you’d like, and click on Save to maintain its copy in your native laptop.
Importing the Outlook Knowledge File
After getting a replica of the Outlook file with the mandatory info, you now have to import it in your new laptop.
- Open Outlook and navigate to File > Open & Export.
- Click on Import/Export in the appropriate pane.
- On the Import and Export Wizard window immediate, choose the Import from one other program or file possibility and click on Subsequent.
- On the Import a File window, choose the Outlook Knowledge File (.pst) possibility and click on Subsequent.
- Alternatively, choose the Comma Separated Values possibility should you solely exported the contacts, which is within the
- Click on Subsequent.
- On the Import Outlook Knowledge File window, click on the Browse button and choose the file you exported beforehand. Additionally, select one of many choices whether or not to maintain or exchange the duplicate ones.
- Then, click on Subsequent and enter the password if requested.
- Open the Outlook app and click on the Instruments menu.
- Then, choose the Import possibility.
- Subsequent, click on the Outlook for Mac archive file (.olm) possibility.
- Then, click on Proceed.
- Browse your Mac and choose the beforehand exported
- Subsequent, click on Import.
On Outlook Net
- Register to your Outlook account and click on the Folks icon within the sidebar.
- Subsequent, click on Handle within the top-right nook.
- Choose Import contacts.
- Now, beneath Add your CSV file part, click on the Browse button.
- Choose the CSV file (contacts) you copied from one other system.
- Subsequent, click on Open.
- Once more, click on Import.
How to Export the Outlook Signature and Guidelines to a New Pc?
Whenever you export the Outlook information utilizing the above methodology, it doesn’t include Outlook settings like guidelines, stationery (fonts and themes settings), and pre-made signatures. It’s worthwhile to copy them individually and paste them into one other laptop.
- Press Windows + R, kind
appdata, and click on OK.
- Then, navigate to Roaming > Microsoft.
- Now, copy every part contained in the Signature folder.
- Additionally, if you wish to switch the stationery settings, copy every part contained in the Stationery folder.
- Open Outlook on one other PC and repeat the above steps to stick them into the respective places. (Signature contents into the Signatures folder and likewise for stationery objects.)
- To export the pre-existing guidelines, open Outlook and navigate to File > Data.
- Then, click on Handle Guidelines & Alerts in the appropriate pane subsequent to Guidelines and Alerts.
- Underneath the Electronic mail Guidelines tab, click on the Choices button throughout the appropriate nook.
- Click on Export Guidelines.
- Select a most popular file identify and save location. Then, click on Save. By default, it is going to be saved within the
.rwzformat on the following deal with:
- Open Outlook on one other PC, repeat the Steps 6-8, however this time click on Import Guidelines and choose the identical
.rwzfile to import into the brand new laptop.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News