How To Convert Excel To Google Sheets.
Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets are probably the most used spreadsheets. Whereas Excel is an utility a part of the Office 365 package deal, Google Sheets is a cloud-based spreadsheet included in Google Workspace. With completely different customers utilizing completely different spreadsheets, you would possibly sometimes discover the necessity to convert your Excel paperwork to Google Sheets.
On this article, we shall be guiding you on how one can convert an Excel doc (
.xlsx) to Google Sheets. Keep studying to get your Excel doc to work in Google Sheets instantly!
What to Count on Whereas Changing an Excel Doc to Google Sheets?
Excel helps a complete of 91 languages, whereas Google Sheets is obtainable solely in 83 languages. So, you may have issues loading the language that’s unavailable in Google Sheets whereas opening it from Excel to Sheets.
Excel is nice for holding such massive values. Nevertheless, in case your Excel file accommodates a lot of information (exceeding 400,000 cells), you will be unable to suit it within the Google Sheets grid. It’s because Google Sheets has lower than 400,000 cells in a single sheet.
How to Convert Excel to Google Sheets?
Changing Excel recordsdata to Google Sheets is definitely fairly easy. You solely need to import the Excel doc, and that’s actually it! After loading the Excel doc, you’ll be able to share or work with the doc as traditional on Google Sheets.
Discuss with the followings steps to transform an Excel doc to Google Sheets:
- In your browser, navigate to Google Sheets.
- Beneath Begin a brand new doc, choose Clean.
- Within the clean doc, choose File from the menubar.
- Go to Import.
- Within the Import file window, you’ll be able to select from 4 areas to import your Excel doc:
- My Drive: Choose this if the Excel file is saved in your Google Drive.
- Shared with me: If somebody shared the entry to the Excel file on Google Drive you want to convert, choose this.
- Current: If you happen to lately opened the Excel doc on Google Drive, you may choose this selection to rapidly find the doc.
- Add: Choose this selection if the doc is saved in your machine and never on Google Drive.
- Load the Excel file from both of those areas.
Google Sheets mechanically converts the Excel file to Google Sheets whereas loading it into this system. You may work with the doc as traditional from this step.
How to Convert Google Sheets to Excel?
You may convert your paperwork from Google Sheets into an Excel file. Observe these steps to obtain your Google Sheets file as a .xlsx file:
- Open your doc in Google Sheets.
- From the menu bar, head to File.
- Choose Obtain.
- Select Microsoft Excel (.xlsx)
Google Sheets will mechanically begin the obtain course of. You’ll find the
.xlsx file within the Downloads folder in your machine.
Why Use Google Sheets Over Excel?
Google Sheets is wonderful if you wish to collaborate with different Google customers on a spreadsheet. Though collaborating can be potential in Excel, collaboration is more handy and the edits made are clear in Google Docs.
Is Excel Appropriate With Google Sheets?
You possibly can simply add a
.xlsx (Excel) file in Google Sheets. Merely go to File, then choose add to load your Excel file into the Google Sheets program.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News