Outlook Data File Cannot Be Accessed? Here’s How To Fix It.
Some customers have encountered points that relate to Outlook information information not being accessed. Outlook Data information (OST information) are important information wanted by Outlook to entry your information offline. When you can not entry these information information, Outlook will fail to ship or obtain emails inside this system.
A spread of errors could cause Outlook to come back throughout this error. If you’re on the lookout for a method round, we’ve obtained your back! This article discusses the causes and methods to unravel Outlook Data File not being accessed, so keep studying!
Why Can I Not Access My OST Files?
The main cause why it’s possible you’ll be unable to entry your OST information is since you’re coping with lacking or corrupt information. However, these are different elements you can not rule out whereas coping with this problem. You might wish to skim over the listing of causes we’ve got talked about under earlier than leaping to the fixes so you should use the tactic more related to your problem:
- Slow Internet Connection
- File Location Changed
- Corrupted OST file
- Third-party Add-ins
- Configuration of Outlook Profile
- Inadequate Permissions
- Error in Synchronization
How to Fix Outlook Data Files Cannot Be Accessed?
Depending on the reason for this problem, there are a lot of options you may attempt by yourself to unravel this drawback. In this part, we’ve got listed the options you may attempt for one another points we’ve talked about within the part above.
Fix Network Connection
You might be coping with a weak web connection should you’re coping with Outlook not having the ability to entry your information file. When you’ve got a weak connection, Outlook would possibly fail to retrieve info from its server for e mail trade.
If you’re using a router, you may first attempt restarting it. Turn off the router, then watch for about 10 seconds earlier than turning it back on. If your web is normally this gradual, it’s possible you’ll wish to contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP) and swap to a greater web plan.
As this drawback isn’t as unusual, Microsoft has a restore instrument for each OST and PST information. These information include the Office program information, so that you do not need to put in them from elsewhere.
Before working the scan, you should be certain the place your Outlook Data Files are. If you’re not sure concerning the location, comply with these steps to find your Outlook Data Files:
- Launch Outlook.
- From the homepage, head to Account Settings from the Info tab.
- Select Account Settings from the fly-out menu.
- Head to the Data Files tab.
- Check the situation of your OST information next to your username.
After figuring out the place your information information are positioned, you may carry out the scan. Here are the steps you may comply with to run the
SCANPST.EXE file to restore Outlook Data Files:
- Open File explorer and navigate to
C:Program FilesMicrosoft OfficerootOffice16
- Select the
- Browse to the situation of your Outlook Data Files.
- Click Start.
- If the wizard locates an error, choose Repair.
- Restart Outlook.
Disable Third-party Add-ins
Certain third-party add-ins may be answerable for your Outlook program’s incapacity to entry the info information. If you’ve got a variety of add-ins added to your Outlook program, it is a resolution methodology it’s best to contemplate.
If you’ve got the time, you may disable every add-in and run Outlook, or you possibly can disable all third-party add-ins and run Outlook to get the job accomplished faster. Here are the steps you may discuss with disable Add-ins on MS Outlook:
- Launch Outlook.
- From the homepage, choose Options from the sidebar.
- Select Add-ins from the window.
- Next to Manage, choose COM Add-ins.
- Deselect the field next to third-party add-ins.
- Select OK.
Turn Off the Cache in MS Exchange
This methodology is should you’re using Outlook with a piece or college e mail account. MS Exchange is this system answerable for offering you along with your present e mail tackle. Sometimes, the cache build-up can create synchronization errors between Outlook and the Exchange program ensuing on this problem.
You can flip off the cache in MS Exchange and check out using Outlook once more. Refer to the next steps should you want to clear the cache in MS Exchange:
- Open Outlook.
- From the Info tab, choose Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Double-click your person ID.
- Deselect the field next to Use Cached Exchange Mode.
- Select Next.
- Click OK on the affirmation field.
- Select Finish.
Change Data File Location
You may encounter this error in case your OST information’ location has been modified. When the situation of your Outlook Data information will get modified, Outlook might not have the ability to entry the info information so that you can ship or obtain your e mail.
To remedy this problem, you may change the situation of your information file from the Outlook program itself. Here are the steps you may comply with to alter the info file:
- Launch Outlook.
- From the Info tab, head to Account Settings > Account Settings.
- Select Data Files tab.
- Select Add.
- Set a reputation and placement, then click on Ok.
- Select the brand new location and click on Set as default.
Create New User Account
If not one of the options apply, you may create a brand new person account. When you create a brand new person account, Outlook creates new information information in your new person account. Here are the steps you may comply with to create a brand new person account on Outlook:
- Launch the Outlook program.
- Select Office Account from the sidebar.
- Select Switch Account > Add Account.
- Fill within the credentials in your new account or create a brand new account.
Your Office app might have gone corrupt should you can not entry the Outlook Data information. When a program file goes lacking or corrupt, the Office app may have inadequate assets to comply with the instructions you request. If you want to restore your Office program, comply with these steps:
- Open the Settings app (Windows key + I).
- Head to Apps > Apps and options from the navigation panel to your left.
- Enter Office from the search bar.
- Click on the three-dot menu next to this system, then choose Modify.
- Choose Repair from the dialog field.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News