Invalid Font When Printing? Try These 6 Fixes.
Although Adobe Acrobat Reader is designed to work with a spread of fonts, it may well generally generate invalid fonts when printing a doc. You can also see one among these error messages printed on the paper.
- ERROR: invalidfont OFFENDING COMMAND: present STACK:
- PostScript error: invalidfont
This error typically happens when the fonts used within the doc will not be appropriate with Acrobat Reader. It clearly signifies there’s something fallacious with the font settings of the applying, and you have to tweak a number of print settings on Acrobat to repair this problem.
Try Other Fonts
Before transferring additional, I like to recommend printing your doc using an alternate printing utility. For instance, if you happen to use Adobe Acrobat, open the doc in your internet browser and check out printing once more.
Similarly, attempt altering the fonts in your doc using MS Word. You may also open PDFs with MS Word and alter their font. Use basic fonts like Times New Roman or Arial. Then export the file as PDF and check out printing.
- Open your doc on MS Word.
- Change the font.
- Go to File > Export.
- Click Create PDF/XPS Document.
- Save the file by clicking the Publish button.
However, if you happen to don’t wish to change the precise font of the doc, there are some workarounds that may enable you print like traditional once more.
Don’t Rely on System Fonts
Adobe gives you with an choice the place you possibly can select if you wish to print using the system fonts or use the precise fonts in your doc. You ought to correctly configure this selection in order that the fonts in your doc get printed with none points.
- Launch Adobe Acrobat in your PC.
- Go to Menu on the highest left nook of the display screen and click on Preferences. Alternatively, you possibly can press Ctrl + Okay shortcut.
- Choose Page Display from the left part and test the Use native fonts choice.
- Click OK.
- Now, open your doc.
- Click the Menu button and select Print.
- Choose Adobe PDF from the Printer drop-down and click on Properties.
- Uncheck this selection and click on OK.
- Print the doc.
Resolve the Postscript Error
Although trendy printers use PCL (Printer Control Language), there are nonetheless some printers in the marketplace that use postscript as their printing language.
So, in case you are using a postscript printer, chances are you’ll run into errors like “PostScript error: invalidfont.” It typically occurs when the printer doesn’t assist the extent of postscript language. You can change the postscript language stage from stage 3 to stage 2 to print usually once more.
- Open the doc you are attempting to print on Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Go to the Hamburger icon (Menu) on the highest left nook of the display screen and click on Print. Or, straight hit Ctrl + P shortcut on the keyboard.
- On the Print window, click on the Advanced tab.
- Choose Level 2 language from the Language drop-down. This choice can be grayed-out if you happen to wouldn’t have a postscript printer.
- Click OK > Print.
Print the Document as an Image
You may also print your doc as a picture to bypass the invalid font error. When you choose the Print As Image choice, Acrobat will ship every web page of the doc to the printer as a picture and enable you print with out font points.
- Launch your doc in Adobe Acrobat and go to Menu > Print.
- Tap Advanced.
- Check the Print As Image choice and click on OK.
- Click Print.
Update or Repair Adobe Acrobat
If something doesn’t appear to work, there are possibilities that the Adobe Acrobat system information have been corrupted. You can clear the cache, restore the set up and set up updates to repair the problem. Updating can even assist repair any bugs within the present model of Acrobat and set up new options and fonts in your system.
- Hit the Windows + R shortcut key in your keyboard.
appdataand hit Enter.
- Go to Roaming > Adobe > Acrobat > DC.
- Delete JSCache and Security folders.
- Now open Adobe Acrobat.
- Click the Menu button and select Help > Repair set up.
- Follow on-screen directions to restore the set up.
- Once the restore is full, select Help > Check for updates.
- Install if any updates can be found.
- Try printing your doc once more.
Update the System
Many customers even reported points when printing from macOS model 11 Big Sur. This Mac model, specifically, has a number of printing bugs. So, it will be higher if you happen to swap to a different model of macOS. You can test if any updates can be found in your Mac and set up them or downgrade to earlier macOS variations like Catalina and Mojave.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Gaming News