How to Take a Screenshot on Steam Deck(Guide).
When enjoying Steam Deck video games akin to Elden Ring or Hi-Fi Rush, you would possibly usually have the urge to take a screenshot in your handheld console. I imply, who doesn’t wish to doc and savor their success within the sport and boast about it to their mates? Thankfully, Steam Deck makes it painfully straightforward to take a screenshot, so it can save you your favourite in-game moments or high-adrenaline motion by clicking a button combo. And on this information, we are going to present you the way to take a screenshot on Steam Deck and share it with your pals with ease. That mentioned, energy up your Steam Deck and proceed studying.
Capture Screenshots on Steam Deck (2023)
In this text, we are going to clarify how one can take screenshots each within the Game in addition to the desktop mode in your Steam Deck. Then, we are going to present you the steps to add and share these screenshots with mates and different Steam Deck customers.
How to Take Screenshots on Steam Deck
Take a Screenshot In-Game
If you wish to seize your favourite moments in a sport, Steam Deck makes it extraordinarily straightforward to take action. To take screenshots whereas enjoying a sport, comply with the steps beneath:
1. First, press the Steam button on the left aspect of the display screen. Then, find and press the R1 button on the Steam Deck. Pressing each of those buttons concurrently will immediately take an image of the sport and put it aside to the screenshot library as a personal image.
2. The Steam Deck reveals a “Screenshot Taken” pop-up notification on the bottom-right nook of the display screen, confirming you may have captured a screenshot.
The similar technique applies if you wish to take a screenshot anyplace in SteamOS. Press the Steam button together with R1, and the system will seize a screenshot straight away. Later on this article, we train you the way to add and share screenshots with mates.
Take a Screenshot in Desktop Mode
While taking screenshots in SteamOS or in-game is easy, the identical doesn’t maintain true for the desktop mode. You want to make use of a third-party app known as “Spectacle,” which comes pre-installed on Steam Deck. Follow the steps beneath to learn to use it.
- First, boot into desktop mode on Steam Deck using the information linked right here. Then, click on the “Application Launcher” (Steam Deck) button on the taskbar to carry up the menu.
- Here, hover your mouse cursor on the “Utilities” class using the fitting trackpad. In the fitting pane, you will discover “Spectacle,” which is an open-source screenshot app that comes preinstalled on Steam Deck and permits customers to take screenshots in desktop mode. Click to open the app. Follow this information should you don’t understand how to left- or right-click on Steam Deck.
- Like another screenshot app, Spectacle means that you can seize all the display screen, an energetic window, a specific area, and more. You may also assign button shortcuts from the “Configure” choice right here, making it simpler so that you can take screenshots on Steam Deck.
Capture Hi-Res Screenshots on Steam Deck
By default, Steam doesn’t seize high-resolution screenshots, and they’re barely compressed. This might be carried out to save lots of area on the hand held, because it comes with restricted storage. To be sure that your Steam Deck takes lossless screenshots, comply with the steps beneath:
- Head to the desktop mode and open the Steam app using the icon on the desktop.
- Once open, click on on the “Steam” choice within the top-left nook and choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu. This will carry up the settings window.
- Move to the “In-Game” settings from the left sidebar. Here, allow the “Save an uncompressed copy” checkmark for screenshots taken.
- Steam will now take high-resolution screenshots in your console. Spectacle, however, helps you to alter the screenshot high quality underneath the “Configure” choice. Adjust the slider to the specified compression share.
Where are Screenshots Located on Steam Deck
A consumer would possibly wish to discover the screenshot they took in SteamOS or in-game with out sharing it publicly. There are two methods to find all of the screenshots you seize on the Steam Deck, and we are going to discover each of them right here:
The easiest way to search out and share the screenshots out of your Steam Deck is, in fact, SteamOS. You merely want to move to the media part and comply with our directions:
- First, press the “Steam” button to entry the menu. Here, navigate to the “Media” library.
- You will discover all of the screenshots taken on the hand held right here. You can select to view public, personal, or all screenshots right here.
- Screenshots captured on the Steam Deck are personal by default, however you may alter the privacy settings and share the image on Steam. Simply choose a picture using the A button and press the “option” button on the Steam Deck.
- From the “Upload Screenshot” pop-up menu that seems, choose the suitable privacy settings and click on on “Confirm” to add the image to Steam and entry the image out of your desktop (as defined beneath).
Alternatively, you may head to the desktop mode on Steam Deck to search out all of the screenshots. We is not going to solely present you the way to entry them by way of the Steam app but in addition the file discover. Follow the steps beneath:
- Open Steam and click on the “View” choice on the highest menu bar. Here, choose the “Screenshots” choice.
- The screenshots window helps you to see all the present screenshots captured in your Steam Deck. It additionally categorizes them accordingly. If you want to know the place screenshots are positioned in your system, choose the sport from the drop-down menu and click on the “Show on Disk” choice on the backside.
- Doing so opens the Dolphin File Explorer and reveals the precise location the place Steam saves the screenshots domestically. From right here, you may simply share the screenshots. We have additionally talked about the trail for the screenshots folder on Steam Deck right here:
Home > .native > share > Steam > userdata > [Your Steam ID] >760 > distant > [GAME ID] > screenshots
In the case of Spectacle, the software program saves screenshots within the Pictures folder by default. Hence, head over to “Pictures” within the Dolphin File Explorer to search out desktop mode screenshots.
How to Share Steam Deck Screenshots to PC
As of now, Steam Deck doesn’t supply any in-built choice for customers to switch information from the console to their PC. While native sport switch was launched not too long ago and is presently in beta, sharing screenshots requires some further work on the consumer’s finish. There are two straightforward methods to share screenshots by way of your Steam Deck:
Method #1: Share Using Email
Almost each screenshot included on this article was shared by way of e-mail. While the method would possibly sound cumbersome, it’s sensible as Steam Deck is a Linux PC. To share the screenshots, comply with these steps:
- Open up your required browser on Steam Deck and log into an e-mail service using your e-mail ID and password. We use Gmail on this tutorial.
- Then, compose an e-mail and connect all the required screenshots from the Dolphin File Explorer in your Steam Deck. Once you might be carried out, hit the “Send” button. Now, go to your PC and obtain the acquired images.
Method #2: Share Using Warpinator
The second technique to ship images from Steam Deck to OC is essentially the most sensible one. Warpinator is a neighborhood file switch software program that permits customers to switch information on the native network. For this technique, comply with the next steps:
- First, obtain Warpinator in your Steam Deck. To do this, open Discover (app retailer) by way of the taskbar and seek for Warpinator. From the search outcomes, press the “Install” button.
- Now, head to your desktop PC and obtain Warpinator. If you’re a Windows consumer, click on on this hyperlink to obtain the software program. Once put in, open the software program.
Note: Ensure that your Steam Deck and desktop PC are linked to the identical network to efficiently switch these screenshots. Since Warpinator is a neighborhood file switch software program, this technique received’t work if each programs usually are not on the identical network.
- If each units are on the identical network, the app will present each of them and let you set up a connection. Connect your PC to the Steam Deck.
- Once linked, click on the “Send files” choice to browse screenshots in your Steam Deck and ship them to the goal PC. Over on the desktop PC, accept the incoming information.
- You have now efficiently transferred screenshots from Steam Deck to your system. To view the screenshots, go to Documents and open the Warpinator folder.
Take and Share Screenshots on Steam Deck
That’s just about all that you must learn about how to take a screenshot on Steam Deck. Capturing a screenshot on Steam Deck is easy and easy. The desktop mode does require you to leap by way of some hoops, although. We have additionally included the place screenshots get saved on Steam Deck, together with two totally different strategies to share them with your self, your pals, and different Steam customers. So, what all video games are you enjoying proper now and plan to screenshot cool in-game moments for? Let us know within the feedback beneath.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Gaming News