How to Permanently Delete Your Discord Account (All Methods).
Discord has gone by way of a few modifications throughout the previous couple of years. The standard voice chat software program that began as players’ haven has now was a community-wide platform amid the pandemic. And with Sony integrating Discord into Playstation, its recognition will solely go up. We have beforehand mentioned Discord’s numerous options, together with probably the most helpful Discord bots and getting Discord Nitro at no cost. However, in case you are amongst those that wish to ditch the voice chat app, there’s a straightforward approach to delete your Discord account and transfer on.
Permanently Delete Discord Account: A Step-by-Step Guide (June 2021)
We have a created an entire information that may train how to delete your account on all of the platforms Discord is on the market on. So irrespective of in case you are studying this out of your Windows browser or iOS telephone, comply with alongside and learn to completely delete your Discord account. If you’re not sure about deleting it, now we have additionally included a approach to disable your Discord account as a substitute. You can use the desk beneath to seek out the steps on your related platform however you’ll want to learn the part about servers for those who occur to personal one.
Read This First If You Own a Discord Server (All Platforms)
If you personal a Discord server and wish to disable or delete your account, you will have to undergo an additional step first. You might want to both switch possession of your Discord server or delete it fully. If you don’t personal one, skip this step.
Transferring Ownership of Discord Server
We are using the Discord app on Windows for this demo, however don’t fear, the steps stay the identical throughout all platforms. With that out of the way in which, let’s check out the steps you have to comply with.
1. From the left sidebar, select the server you wish to switch possession for.
2. Click on the server’s identify on the high left, and a drop-down menu will open. Here, click on on the “Server Settings” choice.
3. From the settings window, search for the “User Management” part within the sidebar and transfer to the “Members” choice.
4. You will see a listing of all of the server members right here. Now, click on on the three dots icon next to the identify of the member you wish to be the brand new proprietor of a server. Then, click on on “Transfer Ownership” from the drop-down menu.
6. You might want to accept an acknowledgment that ensures you understand what you’re doing. To verify your motion, press the purple “Transfer Ownership” button.
And that’s it. Now, you gained’t lose entry to the server, however your rights shall be restricted.
Deleting the Discord Server
If you wish to erase the server earlier than you delete your Discord account, merely comply with the steps beneath.
1. Choose your server from the left sidebar, click on on its identify on the high left after which click on on “Server Settings” from the drop-down menu.
2. On the settings web page, take a look at the left sidebar, and you will note an choice known as “Delete Server” on the backside. Click on it for those who want to delete your Discord server.
3. A affirmation field will then seem asking you to double-check your motion. Click on Delete Server once more.
4. At this level, in case you have Two Factor Authentication (2FA) enabled, you will have to offer a 6 digit code. Depending on which authenticator you signed up for, open it and supply the code. Your server shall be deleted when you do.
5. Up next, you will note a small suggestions field you can fill in or ignore. And that’s it, your server is deleted, together with all of its messages and knowledge.
Disabling vs Deleting Discord Account
Discord fortunately has ample performance with regards to selecting what occurs to your account. Here’s what it means:
Disabling your Discord account is like placing it on a short-term maintain. All the data inside, together with your chats, servers, and archives, shall be saved secure. While you gained’t get any notifications from Discord concerning that account, any new pal requests you obtain shall be ready for you for those who get back. Disabling your account is an efficient name for those who don’t plan on using Discord for some time or just need a break.
What occurs whenever you delete your Discord account? Deleting your Discord account deletes all the information together with it. All your chats and messages shall be trashed, and you can be faraway from any servers you have got joined. Furthermore, your identify shall be modified to Deleted User, and right here’s what your profile will seem to others.
Disable Your Discord Account Instead
If you aren’t certain about deleting your Discord account, you may all the time simply disable it. Disabling your account locks it in place, and also you gained’t get any notifications about it. You will nonetheless obtain pal requests and messages, however you gained’t find out about them till you allow your account as soon as once more. Disabling your Discord account is a good way to take a break and assume it over. Follow the steps beneath to disable your Discord account as a substitute:
1. On the underside left, discover and click on the Gear icon (settings) in Discord. If you’re in your iOS or Android telephone, click on in your profile picture within the backside navigation bar as a substitute.
2. Under User Settings, open the “My Account” part.
3. Scroll right down to the underside till you see the “Disable Account” button. Click on it.
4. A dialog field will then open up asking you to re-enter your password and informing you about what you’re doing. Fill within the password and click on on “Disable Account” once more.
5. And you’re accomplished. Your account is now disabled till you re-enable it once more. All your knowledge shall be safely ready for you.
How to Delete Discord Account on Computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux)
Most customers of Discord have the official app put in on their computer systems. The PC consumer is quicker and more fluid. We are using the Discord app on Windows for the aim of this tutorial. However, even in case you are on Discord’s internet app, Mac, and even Linux, the method stays the identical. So comply with the steps beneath and eliminate your Discord account:
1. Open the Discord app in your Windows, Mac, or Linux pc.
2. Once there, search for the Gear icon on the backside left and click on it.
3. The “My Account” settings web page must be open already. If it isn’t, open it from the left sidebar.
4. Scroll to the underside of the “My Account” settings web page to seek out the “Delete Account” button beneath the “Account Removal” part. Click the “Delete Account” button.
5. You shall be greeted by a dialog field that may ask on your password and 2FA code in case you have it enabled. Just enter your password and 2FA code after which press the “Delete Account” button.
6. Your Discord account has now been completely deleted. All your knowledge, together with your messages, shall be deleted together with it.
How to Delete Discord Account Using Android or iOS App
If you’re a part of the cell userbase of Discord, you gained’t face any main difficulties in deleting your account. Follow this easy course of to delete your Discord account on Android or iOS.
1. Open the Discord app in your Android or iOS telephone.
2. Tap on the profile image icon on the backside proper of the navigation bar.
3. Jump into My Account
4. Scroll all the way in which down till you see the Delete Account choice. Tap on “Delete Account” to provoke the method.
5. You will then see a dialog field asking on your password and 2FA code. Just enter the required particulars and faucet on the purple “Delete” button to completely delete your Discord account.
Can I Recover a Deleted Discord Account?
Fortunately, sure you may. Once you verify the deletion of your account, Discord logs a deletion request and deactivates the account. It is then held for 14 days, after which it’scompletely deleted. So in case you alter your thoughts and need your Discord account back, you have got two weeks to take action!
If you select to remain aboard and never delete your account, be taught how one can stream Netflix on Discord to observe films with your folks, host a Spotify Listening social gathering, or use Stage Channel to have interaction along with your Discord group.
Delete Your Discord Account in a Few Easy Steps
So yeah, that’s our information on how to delete your Discord account on any platform – be it Windows, Mac, Linux, Web, or cell apps (Android and iOS). Now that you’ve moved away from Discord, why don’t you go forward and check out among the hottest Discord alternate options from the linked article? For every other questions, be happy to ask them within the feedback part beneath.