How To Open DOCX File? 4 Simple Ways.
A file with the
.docx extension is a Word doc file. The docx file retains information concerning the formatting, textual content measurement/fonts, paragraph and line spacing, heading, and different data used within the doc. Normal textual content editors like Notepad can’t learn all this information making it troublesome to entry these recordsdata.
So, you’ll need a particular utility to open a docx file. You can both set up an utility in your PC or use the web to entry the content material contained in the docx file.
Using Microsoft Office
You can open a docx file when you have MS Word put in in your pc. Word is certainly one of a number of purposes included within the Microsoft Office Package. However, you can’t simply set up Microsoft Word—it’s essential to set up Microsoft Office Package to get Word.
Furthermore, it’s essential to pay a subscription payment to make use of any utility from the Microsoft Office Package. To set up the Office Package, you may go to the official Microsoft365 web site and purchase Microsoft Office.
Once Office is put in in your pc, Windows mechanically set the docx file to open using Word. However, if it doesn’t, you may comply with the steps talked about beneath.
- Right-click on the docx file, and choose Open with.
- Click on Word.
- If you don’t see Word on the record, click on on Choose one other app.
- Here, click on on Word and click on on Always. By doing this, the OS will mechanically use Word because the default utility to open docx recordsdata.
If you do not need to pay all the subscription payment simply to view the docx file, you need to use the choice strategies defined beneath to open the file.
Using Online Word Processors
You can even view and edit any docx file on-line using an internet browser. Although a number of internet purposes permit you to view and edit docx recordsdata, Microsoft 365 Online and Google Docs are two of the very best selections.
Besides being free, additionally they supply free cloud storage of 5GB for Microsoft 365 Online and 15GB for Google Docs. As lengthy as you’ve gotten entry to the web, you may simply open the docx file and entry it wherever on the planet.
Using Google Docs
You will first want a Google account in case you are using Google Docs to open a docx file. Create a brand new account should you do not need a Google account.
- Open Google Docs in your internet browser.
- Sign in to a Google account. If you do not need any, create a brand new account.
- Once you’re signed in to a Google account, click on on the Blank doc.
- Go to File and click on on Open.
- Go to the Upload tab and click on on Browse.
- Here, browse the docx file and double-click on it. The browser will now open the docx file in Google Docs.
Using Microsoft 365 Online
If you’re using Microsoft 365 on-line, you’ll require a Microsoft account.
- Go to the Microsoft Office web site.
- If you aren’t signed in, click on on the top-right of the webpage on the person icon and check in to your Microsoft account.
- Once signed in, you’ll be greeted on the Microsoft 365 dwelling web page.
- On the left panel, click on on My Content.
- Click on Upload.
- Browse and choose the docx file that you simply need to open.
- Once the add completes, a brand new tab will open displaying the content material contained in the docx file.
Open Using WordPad
You can even use the pre-installed utility in your pc to view docx recordsdata. But, WordPad should not assist all of the options of the docx file format, and information contained in the Word doc could also be lacking or displayed incorrectly.
Nevertheless, comply with these steps to open a docx file using Wordpad.
- Right-click on the Word doc.
- Click on Open with and choose Choose one other app.
- Click on More Apps, scroll down and choose Wordpad. The docx file will open in Wordpad.
Using Third-Party Application
There are a number of third-party purposes available in the market that you need to use to open docx recordsdata like LibreOffice Writer, WPS Office Writer, Zoho Writer, and so on.
However, because the docx file is unique to Microsoft Word, a third-party utility could not have the ability to show all the information and its format from the unique docx file.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News