How To Lock Desktop Icons In Windows.
Locking the desktop icon is one of the best ways to arrange the desktop display screen—and you are able to do it with a click on of a button. It means that you can prepare the icons on a grid system ranging from the top-left facet of the display screen. In addition, it restricts the icons from being moved outdoors of this structure, whilst you can change their place wherever inside this association.
Using Context Menu
The Context menu seems while you right-click the empty space on the desktop. It permits desktop customization and personalization based on person desire. Most importantly, it permits customers to lock desktop icons.
- Right-click the empty space on the desktop to carry up the context menu.
- Select View. Here, you will note two choices, Align icons to grid and Auto prepare icons.
- When you allow Align icons to the grid, you may transfer icons freely throughout the desktop in a grid structure. Disabling Align icons to the grid let you overlap desktop icons.
- Check Auto prepare icons. The desktop ought to robotically lock on the left facet of the display screen.
Note: The context menu’s person interface for Windows 10 or decrease will probably be completely different however the steps are the identical.
Using Third-party Applications
Locking desktop icons using the context menu will limit customers from rearranging desktop icons. However, Windows doesn’t allow you to lock a selected association of desktop icons.
The icon alignment will change while you join the display screen to a second monitor or change show decision or scaling. If you need to lock your desktop icons in a selected association whatever the decision, you want a third-party software.
Applications like Fences, DeskLock, NimiPlace, and so forth., let you reconfigure and lock your desktop icon.
How to Prevent Desktop Icons from Changing?
Switching to a special Windows theme adjustments the whole desktop look. Your desktop icons may additionally change as you turn by way of themes. And any customers that log in to your system also can change the desktop icon.
Note: Desktop icons solely embrace Computer (This PC), Recycle Bin, Control Panel, Network, and User’s information icon. Only these icons will change while you scroll by way of the themes.
Disable Themes from Changing Desktop Icons
Changing Windows themes adjustments the desktop icons and to disable it you could change configurations in Desktop Icons settings.
- Press the Windows + R key.
- In the Run dialog field, sort
desk.cpl ,after which press Enter.
- Here, Uncheck Allow themes to alter desktop icons.
- Click on Apply, then OK.
Disable Users from Accessing Desktop Icons Settings
If you need to limit customers from accessing the whole Desktop Icons Settings, you are able to do it by way of the Group Policy editor. This permits the administrator to set restrictions on anybody who makes use of the PC.
Note: You should be logged in as an administrator to entry the Group Policy Editor.
- Open Run.
gpedit.mscand press Enter. If you’re on Windows Edition aside from Pro or Enterprise, you could allow Group Policy Editor.
- On the suitable panel, navigate to User Configuration > Administrative Template > Control Panel > Personalization.
- On the suitable panel, double-click on Prevent altering desktop icons.
- Check Enabled.
- Select Apply, then OK.
Now, when any customers attempt to entry Desktop Icons Settings, they are going to be prompted with the “Your system administrator has disabled launching of Display Control Panel” message.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News