How to Fix Wireless Keyboard Lagging When Typing on Mac -Saint.
What to do when experiencing wi-fi keyboard lagging when typing on Mac?
Although Bluetooth gadgets and peripherals have offered us with more flexibility and comfort, they’ll typically disrupt our workflow if the connection isn’t dependable.
This may be significantly problematic for Mac desktop customers, as they don’t have the choice of using the built-in keyboard like Macbook customers do.
What must you do as a substitute, you ask? We’ve introduced you some efficient strategies you may go for to cope with the keyboard lagging problem that can assist you get back to the final word typing or gaming expertise.
So with out additional ado, let’s get began!
1. Reconnect the Keyboard.
Since wi-fi keyboards are related through Bluetooth, take into account refreshing this connection as your preliminary repair. A weak or unstable connection between the keyboard and the Mac might be accountable for the lagging downside.
Additionally, glitches can happen inside the Bluetooth connection, and reconnecting the gadgets can successfully resolve this. Here’s how to do it:
- To get began, click on on the Bluetooth icon on the prime proper nook of the menu bar.
- From the drop-down menu, go to Bluetooth Settings.
- Locate your keyboard device and click on on the data icon next to it.
- Finally, click on on Forget This Device.
Now put your wi-fi keyboard in pairing mode and comply with comparable steps to reconnect the 2 gadgets.
2. Check the Keyboard Battery.
Continuous lagging is normally an indication of low battery, and it’s solely a matter of time earlier than your keyboard goes useless. Upon full cost, these keyboards normally final a month which can fluctuate based mostly in your utilization. And mechanically activate on low-power mode when not in use.
There are fairly a couple of methods to test the battery stage of your wi-fi keyboard. Follow alongside:
- On your Mac, search for a lightweight indicator beside the charging indicator. If it flashes purple, you will need to cost your keyboard to repair the lag problem.
- You may also click on on the Bluetooth icon in your Mac’s menu bar and test the battery share by hovering over the related keyboard.
The wi-fi keyboards normally go into low energy mode mechanically when not in use. So you don’t must manually flip the keyboard on and off to save lots of your battery.
3. Force Restart App.
At occasions, the wi-fi keyboard could solely lag for specific purposes. If you’re in the same scenario, the issue could lie inside that utility as a substitute of the keyboard or your pc. This might be a brief bug or glitch which may be simply eliminated upon refreshing this system.
Follow the steps under to take action:
- Begin by urgent the Command + Space key to entry Spotlight Search.
- Type Activity Monitor and press the Enter key.
- When the window opens, scroll by the listing to find the problematic app.
- Select it and click on on the x icon on the prime to force-close it.
Now relaunch the appliance and test if the issue stays. In that case, you have to update the appliance from the App Store to eliminate the difficulty.
4. Remove Other Connected Devices.
For most individuals, the lagging problem occurred because of a number of gadgets being related to the Mac, both through a port or Bluetooth connection. Therefore, they resolved the issue by solely connecting the wi-fi keyboard and disconnecting all different peripherals.
You could strive the identical methodology to repair the difficulty. In case it doesn’t assist, transfer to the following repair.
4. Check Keyboard Settings.
The typing latency problem might additionally end result from the configured settings to your wi-fi keyboard. For this purpose, you might wish to head over to its settings and tweak it a bit to resolve the difficulty.
Here’s what you have to do:
- Start by going to the Apple menu from the top-left nook of the display screen.
- Then, click on on System Settings.
- From the left pane, click on on Bluetooth.
- Look for the data icon next to your keyboard and click on on it.
- Afterward, click on on the Keyboard Settings button.
- Drag the Key repeat price to the precise to Fast.
- Also, drag the Delay till repeat to the left to Long.
Finally, shut the settings and see if the keyboard remains to be lagging.
5. Reset Mac’s Bluetooth.
At occasions, glitches or bugs could discover their means into your pc’s network connections and have an effect on their performance. Since wi-fi keyboards are related through a Bluetooth connection, this might be why the peripheral is lagging when typing.
To resolve this, you may reset the Mac’s Bluetooth module. Below are the steps you have to comply with:
- Launch Spotlight Search by urgent Command + Space keys out of your Mac’s keyboard.
- Type in ‘Terminal’ within the search bar and press the Enter key.
- Once within the Terminal app window, paste the next command and hit the Enter key:
sudo pkill bluetoothd
Afterward, restart your Mac and use your wi-fi keyboard with none lag.
6. Update macOS.
Outdated macOS variations can result in all kinds of points inside the software program and even have an effect on some externally related gadgets. This might be why you’re experiencing a lag problem when typing along with your wi-fi keyboard.
For this purpose, you have to make sure that your pc all the time stays up-to-date. Remember that updating macOS requires enough battery and cupboard space. So, plug your Mac into its charger and unencumber some house earlier than putting in the update.
- Click on the Apple menu from the highest bar and choose System Settings.
- Next, select General from the left pane.
- Click on Software Update and watch for Apple to fetch an update.
- If there’s an update out there, click on on Upgrade Now to start.
Your Mac will take round half-hour to update. Once you’ve gotten the newest macOS model, the wi-fi keyboard lagging when typing on Mac problem ought to be resolved.
8. Use a Wired Keyboard.
Identifying and therefore resolving the trigger behind the wi-fi keyboard lagging problem could take a while. Meanwhile, you may return to the outdated methods of typing on Mac, i.e., through a wired keyboard. Who is aware of, you might even discover it higher and change to this feature completely.
This sums up our information on how to repair Wireless keyboard lagging when typing on Mac. If you’ve gotten additional queries, use the feedback part under. We’ll get back to you as quickly as doable.
If this information helped you, please share it.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News, Apple Products