How To Fix Problem Parsing JPEG Data In Photoshop.
If you’ve ever tried to open a JPEG(Joint Photographic Expert Group) image which has the extension
.jpg on Adobe Photoshop, you could typically encounter a “Problem parsing JPEG data ” error. This error happens when Photoshop fails to parse the image file to open it.
Parsing error happens when Photoshop fails to learn or convert the image file for processing. If the metadata of the JPEG image turns into corrupt or is lacking when sourcing the image, Photoshop will fail to acknowledge the image file and show the error.
Causes for Problem Parsing JPEG Data in Photoshop
JPEG is a sort of compression algorithm. It reduces the dimensions of the image information by eradicating any pointless metadata. This is a perfect format for displaying images on the web as the standard of the image just isn’t degraded throughout compression.
If the image file has extra headers or if it has customized metadata embedded, “Problem parsing JPEG data” might happen. Some different causes that may trigger this error are:
- Images downloaded from unconfirmed sources
- Corrupt image file headers or metadata
- Incompatible Photoshop settings
- Older model of Photoshop
- Pirated model of Photoshop or the pictures
How to Fix Problem Parsing JPEG Data?
The best answer for this problem is to re-download the image after which open it from Photoshop. If this doesn’t work, listed below are a number of the strategies by which you’ll be able to remedy the parsing error in Photoshop.
The first repair for this error is to restart Photoshop. When launching, the applying might crash as a consequence of adjustments within the working system, or, typically might not begin appropriately. Restarting the applying can repair a number of different persisting points as nicely. To restart Adobe Photoshop
- Click on File and choose Exit to exit Photoshop
- You can alternatively press the Ctrl + Q keys to give up the applying
- After quitting, open Task Manager by urgent the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys collectively
- Click on the Details tab and seek for Photoshop from the listing
- Right-click on the label and choose End course of tree
- Click on End course of tree once more to cease the duty
- Launch the applying once more and see if the issue happens whereas opening the image
Change File Extension
Another simple technique to unravel this error is by altering the file extension of the image from Windows after which making an attempt to open it from Photoshop. However, customers could also be unable to rename the file extensions because the extension could also be disabled/invisible.
To repair this problem and alter extension,
- Open File explorer by urgent the Windows key + E
- From the Toolbar, click on on the dotted menu and choose Options
- Click on the View tab and on the Advanced settings part, develop the Files and Folders choice by double clicking on it
- Scroll down and uncheck the “Hide extension for known file types” choice
- Click on Apply and OK to avoid wasting adjustments
- Now, right-click on the image file and choose Rename to alter the extension identify
- Open the image file from Photoshop
Make certain that the image file doesn’t have a number of extensions on it. File names reminiscent of
image.png.jpg could cause Photoshop to not acknowledge the file and current the error. To remedy this, appropriately rename the file extension to
image.jpeg after which put it aside.
Another problem that may trigger the error to seem is because of incompatible file dealing with settings in Photoshop. If the file compatibility settings have been modified, this may trigger Photoshop to not acknowledge the file and show the error. To remedy this problem
- Launch Adobe Photoshop and click on on the Edit choice from the toolbar
- Go to Preferences and click on on File dealing with
- On the brand new window, click on on the Camera Raw Preferences
- Now, scroll down and go to the TIFF and JPEG Handling part
- From the JPEG drop down menu, choose Automatically open all supported JPEGs
- Again, From the TIFF drop down menu, choose Automatically open all supported TIFFs
- Click on OK to avoid wasting the adjustments and once more on OK on the earlier window
- Restart Photoshop and verify if the image file opens now
From Another Application
Sometimes the error on the image file happens when Photoshop fails to learn the image knowledge for identification. In such circumstances, opening the image file from different purposes like GIMP or Adobe Lightroom after which re-opening them in Photoshop can assist remedy the problem.
This answer makes an attempt to rebuild the image metadata for dealing with and manipulation in different purposes. To do that using the Windows Photos app:
- Right-click on the image and click on on Open with
- Select Photos to open the image file
- Now, on the app, rotate the picture and exit to put it aside
- Close the applying and open the image from Photoshop
To open the image from the Paint app
- Right-click on the image and click on on Open with
- From the menu, choose Paint
- Inside Paint, click on on File from the Toolbar and choose Save as
- Select JPEG and give up the applying
- Open the image once more on Photoshop to verify
If the strategies talked about above don’t work, a simple approach to mitigate this downside is to take a screenshot of the image after which put it aside as a
.jpg file. This technique nonetheless, produces the image of a far lesser high quality.
Updating the applying also can remedy this error as the issue could also be associated to Photoshop itself. Besides fixing the parsing error, updating Photoshop can introduce a lot of new options and assist remedy software bugs. To update Adobe Photoshop
- Launch Adobe Photoshop
- From the toolbar, click on on Help and choose Updates
- In the Adobe Creative cloud window, click on on the dotted button from the upper-right nook and choose Check for updates
- Available updates will seem and select the updates you need to set up
- After updating, restart the applying and verify if the image file opens appropriately now
From Windows Registry
Note: Changing registry values is a fragile course of and might trigger irreversible harm to the applying or system. It is a secure follow to backup your registry earlier than continuing
The final answer can be to alter or create a brand new registry knowledge for Photoshop. Sometimes the error can happen if the Windows Registry values have been corrupted, modified or eliminated. Overriding the bodily reminiscence values within the Registry can assist repair the image not parsing error on Photoshop. To do that
- Press the Windows key + R to open Run
regeditand press Enter to open the Registry editor
- Click on Yes when prompted by the User Account Control
- Now, go to
- In the model folder, search for a file named OverridePhysicalMemoryMB. If the file just isn’t current, right-click on an empty area and choose New
- From the listing, choose DWORD(32-bit) Value and identify it OverridePhysicalMemoryMB
- Open the file and set the bottom to Hexadecimal
- On the Value knowledge, set any worth between 4000 and 8000 and click on on OK to avoid wasting
- Restart your system and open the image file from Photoshop to verify if the error nonetheless seems
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News