How To Fix Printer Error 0x0000011b On Windows.
While making an attempt so as to add a shared printer in your laptop, you could have encountered the error “Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation failed with error
This error arises principally after putting in the safety updates like KB5005565 and KB5005563 on Windows 10 model 21H1 and Windows 11 variations 21H2 and 22H2. So, it’s more of a bug in Microsoft’s safety update somewhat than an error.
What We Know So Far on 0x0000011b Error?
In January 2021, a gaggle of safety researchers from CrowdStrike discovered that hackers may exploit the print spooler service in your laptop to realize unauthorized entry to your system.
This vulnerability was named CVE-2021-1678 (PrintNightmare vulnerability), via which hackers may invade your laptop system remotely using the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) mechanism.
Realizing this, Microsoft launched a safety patch on January 12, 2021 to deal with this problem. The safety patch for CVE-2021-1678 vulnerability was later up to date in September 2021 and was deployed as safety updates KB5005565, KB5005563, KB5005627, and KB5005613.
But after these updates have been put in, individuals began dealing with
0x0000011b errors whereas they have been including a shared printer on their Windows computer systems.
While Microsoft is but to launch a everlasting patch to repair this problem, now we have discovered a workaround to type the problem at current.
Tweak the Registry Settings
You can merely create a brand new DWORD worth referred to as
RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled within the registry editor of the host laptop and set its worth to 0 to repair the
Doing this may flip off RPC communication that attackers may use to assault your network and likewise bypass the bug in Microsoft’s safety update.
You can then add the printer on a consumer device error-free and even with out the chance of attackers attacking your network.
- Open Run utility on the host laptop that’s sharing the printer. You can do it by urgent the Windows and R keys concurrently.
regeditthere and hit the Enter key.
- Click Yes within the UAC popup window.
- Copy and paste this location on the handle bar of your registry editor and press the Enter key.
- Right-click the Print folder on the left pane of the window and go along with the New > DWORD (32-bit) Value choice.
- You will see a brand new entry with identify New Value #1.
- Rename it as
RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled. You may also right-click the New Value #1 to rename it.
- Now, double-click the worth.
- Enter 0 beneath the Value information area.
- Click OK.
- Again open the Run utility. But now, kind
providers.mscthere and press Enter key.
- Locate Print Spooler and right-click it.
- Choose Restart from the record of choices.
- Go to the consumer laptop now and add the shared printer. You gained’t face any points now.
Uninstall Latest Security Updates
You may also uninstall the newest safety updates put in in your laptop to keep away from the
0x0000011b error. It can be useful when you encountered an issue after putting in the updates.
However, I don’t advocate uninstalling them in case you are in a company atmosphere with many consumers using the printer.
Uninstalling these updates will once more go away your group more susceptible to attackers and near the PrintNightmare vulnerability.
- Open Control Panel and click on Uninstall a program.
- Select View put in updates choice on the left pane.
- Choose the newest update and click on Uninstall.
- Click Yes and comply with on-screen directions to finish the uninstallation.
Lastly, verify if there are any cumulative or Windows safety updates out there in your PC.
The updates may presumably embrace a hotfix to type out the defects within the earlier updates and repair the
At the time of writing this text, Microsoft has not launched any patches to deal with this problem.
- Open Settings in your laptop.
- Go to Windows Update.
- Click Check for Updates and set up it if any updates can be found.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Gaming News