How to Fix iMessage Not Downloading Pictures on iPhone.
Is your iMessage not downloading photos on the iPhone?
iMessage is a built-in app that Apple customers make the most of to ship messages, photos, movies, GIFs, and way more. The latest iOS 16 update now lets customers edit and resend texts on the Messages app.
However, the photographs on iMessage might generally fail to obtain. This may be because of varied causes, comparable to low iPhone storage, poor web connection, outdated software program, and more. In this information, we’ll go over all of the troubleshooting strategies you should utilize to resolve this drawback successfully.
So, let’s dive proper in!
1. Check the Internet Connection.
To obtain photos from iMessage in your iPhone, it’s important that you’ve a steady and robust web connection. If your connection is poor or lagging, it could be why your photos aren’t loading within the first place.
Therefore, verify your web velocity and alter your network connection to Mobile Data should you’re using Wi-Fi or vice versa. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Speedtest by Ookla.
- Click on GO from the middle and permit the location to verify and show your web energy.
- If you discover it to be unsatisfactory, go to Settings out of your iPhone.
- Tap on Cellular and change off the toggle next to Cellular Data.
- Head back and choose Wi-Fi.
- Now, activate the toggle for Wi-Fi.
Once you may have a powerful web connection, head over to the Messages app and check out downloading the photographs once more.
2. Restart Your Device.
An efficient strategy to resolve varied Apple points is by restarting your device. A easy restart can repair a number of points throughout the app and the device, comparable to a short lived bug or error.
So, if the Tap to Download button is unresponsive when you’re making an attempt to obtain photos on Messages, we propose you energy off your device, then flip it on after just a few seconds.
Follow the steps under to do it:
- Press and maintain both of the Volume buttons and the Side button concurrently.
- Release the buttons as soon as the slider seems on the display.
- Now, drag the facility off slider to the appropriate to show off your iPhone.
- To restart, press and maintain the Side button once more and let go when you see an Apple brand on the display.
After rebooting your device, go to Messages and cargo any image that you simply couldn’t obtain earlier than. If it nonetheless fails to obtain, proceedgo to the next technique from this information.
3. Force Close and Relaunch the Messages App.
Force closing the Messages app can be one other troubleshooting technique to repair the iMessage not downloading photos on iPhone. It will shut all of the working background processes of the app and remove any glitches. This will refresh your Messages app and can help you obtain photos once more.
Here are the steps you should comply with:
- Forrom the latest iPhone fashions, swipe up from the underside of your display and pause within the center to open the App Switcher. If you personal an iPhone with a house button, double press the house button to entry the App Switcher.
- Now, swipe left or proper to move to the Messages app preview.
- Swipe up from the app’s preview to power shut the app.
- Finally, go to the Messages app from the house display and see should you’re capable of obtain photos now.
4. Check Available Storage.
If your iPhone storage is full, the photos from Messages received’t have the ability to obtain since in addition they require area in your iPhone. In these circumstances, verify the obtainable storage in your iPhone. If there’s a scarcity of free area, chances are you’ll have to clear some by deleting pointless information or apps.
Here’s how to verify the interior iPhone storage:
- Go to Settings in your iPhone.
- Next, faucet on General.
- Now, choose iPhone Storage.
- Analyze the used and free area in your iPhone.
- If there’s inadequate area, faucet on Offload Unused Apps below the Recommendations part. You may additionally clear some cupboard space by deleting undesirable apps and information out of your iPhone.
Once you may have enough iPhone area, head back to the Messages app, and it is best to have the ability to obtain photos now.
5. Re-Enable Messages from iCloud.
A person on Apple Community Forum resolved the iMessage not downloading photos on iPhone problem by re-enabling Messages from iCloud settings. This method, the iMessage entry in your iCloud account shall be re-enabled.
Follow the steps under to do it:
- Open the Settings app.
- After that, faucet on the profile icon from the highest.
- Next, select iCloud.
- From the Apps Using iCloud part, faucet on Show All.
- Select Messages.
- Now, flip off the toggle for Sync this iPhone.
- Wait for just a few seconds. Then, change on the toggle once more.
After the Messages from iCloud is re-enabled, return to Messages and see should you can obtain photos. If not, we propose you progress to the subsequent technique from this information.
7. Re-Sign Into Apple ID.
Just a few customers additionally said that they mounted the iMessage not downloading photos on iPhone problem by signing out and signing back into their Apple ID. This technique helps remove any bugs or errors that will exist inside your account.
Follow the directions under:
- Go to Settings and choose Messages.
- Then, faucet on Send & Receive.
- Now, choose and maintain on to your Apple ID and select Sign out.
- Afterward, signal back into your account by tapping on Use Your Apple ID for iMessages.
- Provide your Apple ID credentials to proceed.
Once all of your Messages knowledge and settings are restored, launch the Messages app, and the downloading photos drawback must be solved.
8. Update iOS.
Similar to different gadgets, iPhones are additionally liable to encountering bugs and glitches. These, in flip, can hinder varied Apple functionalities from working correctly, comparable to iMessage not downloading photos on iPhone.
To repair the problems customers face, Apple releases new software program updates sometimes. Users mustare to obtain these iOS updates to maintain their Apple gadgets up-to-date.
Follow the steps under to update your iPhone:
- Head over to the Settings app and faucet on General.
- After that, choose Software Update.
- If there’s an update obtainable, faucet on Download and Install.
Downloading a software program update requires cupboard space, battery, and an energetic web connection. So, you should definitely absolutely cost your telephone, unlock some area, and hook up with a steady web connection earlier than beginning the downloading course of.
After the update is put in, go to Messages and attempt to obtain the photos to see if this technique resolves the problem.
9. Reset Network Settings.
If you continue to can’t obtain photos, your final choice is to reset all network settings in your iPhone. This will resolve varied issues of the connection-related options, such because the iMessage not downloading photos on iPhone.
Keep in thoughts that this technique will take away the entire saved network settings and configurations. So, you’ll must arrange Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, VPN, and so on., once more. However, all of your private knowledge and information shall be unaffected.
Here’s how to reset network settings in your iPhone:
- Launch the Settings app in your Apple device.
- Next, go to General.
- Scroll down and choose Transfer or Reset iPhone.
- Now, faucet on Reset and select Reset Network Settings.
- Lastly, comply with the on-screen directions to finish the method.
Once the network settings are reset, reconnect to a network connection. Then, verify should you can obtain photos by going to Messages.
This concludes our information on how to repair iMessage not downloading photos on iPhone. If you may have any queries or confusion about this matter, use the feedback part under. We’ll get back to you as quickly as we are able to.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News