How to Fix Chrome Crashes when Downloading on Windows 11.
Does your Google Chrome crashes when downloading recordsdata on Windows 11?
Google Chrome is a most well-liked browser for many Windows 11 customers as a consequence of its quick efficiency and nice response time. However, it isn’t resistant to errors or crashes each now and again.
Mostly, the appliance stops working or crashes halfway as a consequence of a loss in connectivity, false worth enter, or storage working low. But there could be varied different unknown causes that forestall customers from downloading content material off the web.
This is usually a very severe problem that will power you to make use of one other browser possibility, compromising the general expertise. But earlier than you achieve this, we suggest you try a few of the efficient options coated under for Google Chrome crashes when downloading recordsdata on Windows 11.
So let’s start!
1. Change Default Download Location.
By default, Google Chrome saves the downloaded recordsdata within the Downloads folder of your drive. However, if that folder is encountering a difficulty or Chrome is having hassle accessing it for some motive, it could cease the downloading course of halfway or crash immediately.
To keep away from this, merely change the situation in your downloads by following the steps under:
- Launch Google Chrome in your pc.
- Select the three vertical dots icon on the highest proper nook.
- From the drop down menu, select Settings.
- From the left pane, go to Downloads.
- Then, click on the Change button next to Location.
- Navigate to the specified location then click on on Select Folder to make the adjustments.
2. Close Unnecessary Tabs.
The variety of tabs you’ll be able to open concurrently on Google Chrome is dependent upon the quantity of RAM you’ve gotten in your PC. Since most customers have round 4 to eight GB of RAM, opening greater than sufficient tabs might end in surprising crashes.
Other than that, what’s opened in these tabs additional dictates the variety of allowed tabs earlier than Chrome begins behaving abnormally. For this motive, we suggest opening a minimal variety of tabs when downloading recordsdata from the browser.
3. Restart Your PC.
When Google Chrome crashes when downloading recordsdata on Windows 11, restarting the browser doesn’t assist a lot. It might be as a result of a system glitch is stopping it from doing so. Mostly, you’ll be able to get rid of this glitch by restarting your pc.
4. Disable Chrome Extensions.
Chrome Extensions are supposed to present further performance within the browser, however like all the pieces else, it might probably sometimes expertise malfunctions as properly. If you’ve gotten an extension to handle your downloaded recordsdata or improve the downloading velocity, and so forth., strive disabling or eradicating that extension.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open Google Chrome.
- Type in ‘chrome://extensions’ within the deal with bar and hit the Enter key out of your keyboard.
- Now change off the toggles for every extension or click on on Remove.
Hopefully, this can resolve the Google Chrome crashes when downloading recordsdata on Windows 11. If not, transfer to the next strategies.
5. Find Harmful Software With Chrome.
Google Chrome can also crash mid-downloading recordsdata as a consequence of malicious apps or program interference. But don’t fret. Chrome has a built-in software that may mechanically detect this system that’s inflicting hassle with the browser’s processes. You can then uninstall that software program to resolve the difficulty.
Follow the steps under to take action:
- First, go to Chrome Settings from the three dots menu icon on the browser window’s high proper nook.
- Now go to the Reset and clear up tab from the left pane.
- Then, click on on Clean up pc.
- Finally, click on on the Find button next to Find dangerous software program to run the scan.
6. Clear Cache Data for Chrome.
Like all applications, Google Chrome shops cache to supply an improved expertise on every subsequent use. But if the cache will get full or corrupted over time, it’ll repeatedly trigger the browser to crash. Simply clear all this momentary knowledge to get Chrome back to its respected state.
Use the directions under to do it:
- Launch Google Chrome in your PC.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Delete keys out of your keyboard. This will open the Clear shopping knowledge panel.
- From the Time Range drop-down menu, select All time.
- Check the field for Cached images and recordsdata.
- Lastly, click on on Clear knowledge.
Now shut the browser and relaunch it to see should you’re capable of obtain recordsdata.
7. Create a New User Profile.
Unknown errors can assault particular person profiles saved within the Chrome browser. If not one of the above-mentioned strategies helped you resolve the difficulty, you should use Chrome within the visitor mode or change to a different person profile to obtain the recordsdata.
Here’s what you should do:
- Launch the Chrome window and click on on the Guest mode button within the backside left nook. If you wish to create one other profile, merely select Add.
- In case you’re already inside a person profile, choose your profile icon on the high proper nook.
- Under the Other profiles part, select Guest to enter the Guest mode or Add to create one other profile.
8. Reset or Reinstall Chrome.
When nothing else appears to resolve regardless of the problem in Chrome is stopping it from downloading the recordsdata, this technique may come in useful. You can reset all of the browser settings in order that it returns to its default state.
To achieve this, observe the steps under:
- To reset the browser, open Google Chrome.
- In the deal with bar, sort out ‘chrome://settings/reset’ and hit Enter.
- Now go to Restore settings to their authentic defaults.
- On the pop-up field, click on on Reset Settings to substantiate the motion.
If this doesn’t assist both, we suggest you delete and reinstall a contemporary copy of the app as your final resort.
9. Use Chrome Alternatives.
If it’s pressing to obtain the recordsdata and no technique defined above helped you resolve the difficulty, it’s higher to search for Chrome options within the meantime. Some dependable choices embody Opera, Microsoft Edge, and Firefox.
This concludes our information on how to repair Google Chrome crashes when downloading recordsdata on Windows 11. If you continue to have any questions, be at liberty to go away a remark down under. We’ll reply to you as quickly as attainable.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News