How do I Make Windows Look Like Mac (2 Methods).
There are apps like TaskbarXI that allows you to customise the Windows 11 Taskbar to make it appear to be the macOS dock. However, if you wish to totally make Windows appear to be macOS with slick animations, the highest Menu bar, blur results, and more, it’s essential to use the MyDockFinder app. It’s a terrific app that provides a macOS shell on high of Windows. Sure, it’s a paid program however one that really brings the Mac expertise to Windows. For good measure, we’ve additionally added a free resolution to make Windows appear to be Mac on this tutorial. So in case you’re , go forward and learn to customise Windows to appear to be Mac.
Make Windows Look Like macOS Ventura (2022)
In this text, we’ve included two strategies to make Windows appear to be Mac. You can both select a paid app or go for the free resolution from the desk under
Make Windows Look Like Mac With MyDockFinder (Paid)
MyDockFinder is among the best apps that emulate the macOS shell in Windows 11 or 10. It not solely makes Windows appear to be macOS however behave like one too. With slick macOS-like animations, apps open and reduce in true Mac style. Even the dock magnifying animation works effectively on Windows. You additionally hear the satisfying macOS crumpled paper sound once you empty information from the Trash. Further, there’s the Mac Menu bar, Launchpad, Status bar, and many others.
So if you’re on the lookout for an easy-to-use app to make Windows appear to be Mac with minimal person customization, go forward and obtain the MyDockFinder app. It’s a paid app, however price each penny in case you actually desire a macOS theme on Windows. Here is how to make use of it.
1. First, log into your Steam account and purchase MyDockFinder ($3.99). You can full the acquisition within the browser window itself in case you don’t have the Steam app downloaded in your Windows PC.
2. After that, set up Steam (Free) in your Windows PC and transfer to your library. Here, you can see the MyDockFinder app you simply bought. Click on “Install” and launch it.
3. And that’s it. MyDockFinder will immediately apply the macOS overlay on high of the Windows UI. You nonetheless have to make some modifications to make issues a bit more polished, although. Check out the gallery under for a fast take a look at the brand new Mac-like UI on Windows:
4. Click on “Finder” within the top-left nook of the Menu bar and open “Preferences“.
5. Under the “General” tab, scroll down and allow the checkbox for “Automatically hide the taskbar on boot” and alter the dropdown menu to “Hide taskbar on all displays”. This will disable the Windows Taskbar.
6. You may change the “Start on boot method” to one of many out there choices. In my expertise, “Start as a service” works the perfect, adopted by Schedule Task and Registry Value. Choose the choice you might be most snug with.
6. Here is a demo of how MyDockFinder makes your Windows PC appear to be a Mac.
7. There are a whole lot of customization choices below MyDockFinder’s Preferences. Go forward and discover the superior choices to make Windows look more like Mac.
8. In case you aren’t pleased with MyDockFinder, open Preferences and transfer to the “About” tab. Here, click on on “Uninstaller” to take away the macOS shell from Windows and restore the Windows Taskbar with all of the earlier settings.
Make Windows Look Like macOS With Rainmeter (Free)
Rainmeter is a free desktop customization program out there on Windows that provides deep customization and allows you to create something you need. We actually have a detailed article on the perfect Rainmeter skins compiling numerous themes. The solely draw back is that you should apply a wide range of customizations to make Windows actually appear to be a Mac. Here is how to go about it.
1. First, obtain Rainmeter without cost from the hyperlink connected right here. Next, obtain Winstep Nexus from right here. This will convey the macOS dock to Windows.
2. After that, you should obtain the macOS theme from the hyperlink right here. Thanks to Tech Rifle for offering the theme.
3. After downloading the three information talked about above, set up Rainmeter in your Windows PC.
4. Now, right-click on every Rainmeter widget and unload them.
5. Next, extract the “macOS Theme” file and open it. Here, double-click on the file ending with
.rmskin to make the Windows Taskbar appear to be the Mac dock.
6. Now, you should “install” the pores and skin.
7. After that, open Rainmeter, develop the “NR_Yosemite_Menu_Bar”, and choose “Menubar.ini“. At the bottom, change the “Position” to “Normal”. Finally, click on on “Load”. This will add the macOS Menu bar to Windows.
Add macOS Dock
8. After that, open the “macOS Theme” folder and replica the “macOS” folder and transfer it to the C drive.
9. Next, set up the “Winstep Nexus” app you downloaded above. This will add the macOS dock to Windows.
10. To make the Dock look trendy, open the “macOS Theme” folder once more and transfer to “Nexus Dock Files“. Here, copy both “macOS Dock” and “macOS Dark Dock”.
11. After that, open the “Documents” folder below the person listing and navigate to Winstep -> NeXus -> Backgrounds. Here, paste each folders.
12. Now, click on on the “NeXus” icon within the Dock. This will open the NeXus instrument.
13. Here, transfer to “Advanced” and click on on “Restore”.
14. After that, open the “macOS Theme” folder and transfer to “Nexus Dock Files”. Here, choose the “wsbackup.wbk” file and click on on “Open”.
15. This will make the dock look trendy on Windows. Further, click on on “Apply“.
16. Now, right-click on the Taskbar, and open “Taskbar settings“.
17. Here, allow “Automatically hide the Taskbar” to cover it.
18. If you additionally need to add the Mac Launchpad on Windows, you possibly can obtain one other program known as WinLaunch from right here. After that, set up it.
19. Now, click on on “Settings” on the backside.
20. Next, click on on “Restore from backup“.
21. Here, open the “macOS Theme” folder and transfer to “WinLaunch Files”. Choose the “WinLaunch.WLbackup” file and click on on “Open”. This will add the Mac Launchpad to Windows, making it look fairly good.
22. Now, open the Launchpad, and it’ll work like macOS on Windows.
23. Overall, that is how one can make Windows appear to be Mac with Rainmeter and different packages.
Uninstall All the Programs
24. If you need to uninstall Rainmeter and take away all of the modifications, open Control Panel on Windows and transfer to “Programs“.
25. Now, uninstall these packages: Rainmeter, Nexus, and WinLaunch. Since we didn’t modify any system information or tweak any Registry values, your system will restore to the earlier state.
26. You may make modifications to the Taskbar settings and make it all the time seen to your alternative of place and measurement.
Experience macOS UI on a Windows PC
So these are the 2 methods you possibly can make the most of to make Windows appear to be a Mac. While Rainmeter enables you to do all of it without cost, I nonetheless recommend getting the MyDockFinder app for a seamless and straightforward expertise. It’s a one-click resolution and works extraordinarily effectively. Anyway, in case you’re on the lookout for more methods to customise the Windows 11 Taskbar, head to our detailed tutorial. And for Start Menu customization on Windows 11, we’ve a devoted information for you. Finally, you probably have any questions, tell us within the remark part under.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News