How do I Copy and Paste in Procreate.
Procreate, the graphics enhancing app, permits iPad and iPhone customers to get artistic on the go. However, if you wish to obtain true mastery of this superb app, it could be best to begin with among the fundamentals.
The copy/paste performance can show important in visible design. Copying particular person parts or whole layers is a time-saver and could also be needed for sure initiatives. This article will present you ways to just do that.
How do I Copy and Paste in Procreate Pocket on an iPhone
Starting with the iPhone-exclusive model, copying and pasting in Procreate Pocket features the identical because it does within the iPad’s Procreate model. Yet, the method will look a bit totally different.
You can use a number of strategies to repeat and paste layers and parts.
Copy/Pasting by way of Menu
It’s doable to repeat each component on a layer with the “Copy and Paste” menu. Before you do this technique, ensure you’re positioned on the appropriate layer. The layer at present lively can be copied.
- Bring up the “Copy and Paste” menu through the use of three fingers to swipe up.
- Selecting “Copy” will copy the present layer, whereas “Copy All” will copy all the venture.
- Paste the weather to create a brand new layer containing the copied content material.
Copying by way of Layer Duplication
If you want to copy all the layer, there’s a method to do it even sooner than with the earlier technique. Here’s how to duplicate a layer in Procreate:
- Navigate to the “Layers” panel.
- Select the layer you wish to duplicate and swipe left on it.
- Choose “Duplicate” and a brand new layer can be created, equivalent to the one chosen.
Copy/Pasting by way of the “Actions” Menu
You can entry the copy/paste operate differently via the “Actions” menu, though the identical consequence may be achieved using the “Copy and Paste” technique. Still, if you wish to use this various technique for any cause, right here’s how:
- Go to “Layers” and choose the layer you wish to copy.
- Tap “Modify,” which can be within the high left.
- Enter the “Actions” menu by tapping the wrench.
- Tap on “Add” to convey up copying choices.
- Similar to the primary technique, select both “Copy” or “Copy canvas.”
- Paste the copied content material by tapping “Paste.”
Copying Individual Elements
So far, we’ve coated strategies of copying both all the layer or all parts inside a layer. However, you possibly can copy every component individually as nicely. Here’s how:
- Open “Layers,” ensuring the appropriate layer is highlighted.
- Go to “Modify” and select the third icon from the left. It is represented by a stylized letter “S.” This will can help you use the Selection instrument.
- Decide which choice technique you wish to use. The choices are Automatic, Freehand, Rectangle, and Ellipse.
- Draw the choice space in order that it contains the specified component. Ensure the component you wish to copy is the one one within the space.
- With the component chosen, use the “Copy and Paste” or “Actions” menu to repeat and paste the choice.
- As with different strategies, the pasted component can be created on a brand new layer.
How do I Copy and Paste in Procreate on an iPad
As talked about beforehand, copying and pasting in Procreate will operate the identical on the iPad app because it does in Procreate Pocket. Yet, the exact strategies can be considerably totally different. Here are all strategies to repeat and paste on an iPad.
Copy/Paste by way of Shortcut
If you want to copy all the layer, Procreate has a fast and straightforward possibility for simply that:
- Swipe down with three fingers to convey up the “Copy & Paste” shortcut menu.
- Choose “Copy” or “Copy All.”
- Tap on “Paste.”
Copy/Pasting the Entire Layer
If you don’t wish to use the helpful shortcut, you possibly can copy and paste the entire layer with another technique:
- Ensure the layer you wish to copy is chosen.
- Tap as soon as on the layer within the “Layers” checklist to convey up a aspect menu.
- Choose “Copy.”
- Tap the wrench icon within the high left.
- Select “Add”, then “Paste” which needs to be the bottom-most possibility.
Once you full step 5, the brand new layer will seem within the “Layers” menu.
Layer duplication is extraordinarily straightforward in Procreate and consists of solely two steps:
- Go to “Layers” and choose the specified layer.
- Swipe left on the layer and select “Duplicate.”
That’s it – the duplicated layer will seem on the checklist.
Copy/Pasting Individual Elements
Copying whole layers may be helpful however doing the identical with particular person parts would possibly show important in numerous initiatives. Luckily, the approach for that is simply as simple as others talked about right here:
- In “Layers,” choose the layer containing the weather you wish to copy.
- Tap the stylized “S” within the high left menu to convey up the Selections instrument.
- Choose the choice technique. The choices can be Automatic, Freehand, Rectangle, and Ellipse.
- Draw the choice space across the desired object.
- Use both the accessible shortcuts or the wrench menu to repeat and paste the component.
As with the layers, the copied component will type a brand new layer which yow will discover beneath “Layers.”
Pasting Layers or Elements to a Canvas
You’ve seen that copying and pasting inside the identical canvas could be very simple. If you wish to transfer a layer or component to a brand new canvas, Procreate makes this course of straightforward, too.
In these conditions, you possibly can comply with one of many strategies outlined right here to repeat the layer or component. Then, merely go to a brand new canvas and faucet paste.
Copy and Paste Without Losing Quality
Copying and pasting in Procreate shouldn’t trigger the pasted parts to lose high quality. However, you would possibly see some blurred edges as a consequence of different components.
In explicit, in the event you’re copying from one canvas to a different, the standard would possibly drop if the canvases don’t have the identical decision. Here’s why:
When you set the canvas width and peak, you’re primarily figuring out its decision. The smaller the scale, the decrease the decision.
Since decision dictates what number of pixels are in a picture, each component within the canvas could have the identical decision. So, in the event you copy a component from a canvas with a decrease decision to a different canvas with the next one, the component will keep low-res.
The obvious lack of high quality will lead to low-res edges displaying more on a high-res canvas. Making each canvases the identical dimension will aid you keep away from this problem.
Copying and Pasting With Ease
There are a number of methods to repeat and paste in Procreate and Procreate Pocket. Even higher, these actions may be carried out on particular person parts or whole layers.
Now that you know the way to repeat and paste in Procreate, you’ll have one much less impediment to your creativity. So, seize your iPad or iPhone and begin working towards.
Did you copy and paste one thing in Procreate? Which technique did you employ? Let us know within the feedback under.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News