How To Scan To Email From HP Printer.
The Scan to Email characteristic on an HP printer permits you to ship scanned paperwork and pictures on to a recipient’s Email handle. In most fashions, you’ll want to entry the Embedded Web Server (EWS) of the printer and manually set the SMTP server and SMTP port quantity to make use of the characteristic, which generally is a prolonged course of.
However, there’s another methodology that can be utilized whatever the printer mannequin. You can merely add your Google account to Microsoft Outlook after which synchronize it with HP Printer Assistant to scan to Email. Additionally, you may as well use the “HP Smart” app in your cell phone to ship the scanned paperwork through Email.
How to Scan to Email From HP Printer Using Windows Computers?
If you’re keen to electronic mail the scanned paperwork via your Windows PC, we first suggest you create a Google account. It is as a result of Google simply offers third-party app passwords that you should use whereas establishing Microsoft Outlook. Then, you’ll be able to undergo these steps.
Step 1: Add Your Email Account to Outlook
First, you must configure your Email account in Microsoft Outlook. If you’ve gotten already configured your account, you’ll be able to skip this step. Otherwise, observe these steps so as to add your account to Microsoft Outlook.
- First, go to your Google Account Settings.
- Click the Security tab on the left-hand aspect.
- Click App passwords beneath Signing in to Google part.
- Select Mail within the Select app drop-down and Windows Computer within the Select device drop-down. Click Generate.
- It will present you the app password. Copy the password.
- Now open the Control Panel in your laptop.
- Click User Accounts.
- Then select Mail (Microsoft Outlook).
- Click the Add button.
- Give any identify to the profile and click on OK.
- In the following window, present your identify and Email handle.
- Then paste the app password that you just copied earlier.
- Click Next.
- After the configuration course of is full, click on Finish.
- Click OK.
Step 2: Scan the Document and Send Email
Now that you’ve added your Email account to Outlook, you can begin scanning and sending the paperwork on to any Email handle.
- Raise the lid of the printer’s scanner meeting.
- Put your doc over the scanner glass such that the aspect you wish to scan faces downwards.
- Close the meeting’s lid.
- Open Control Panel.
- Go to Hardware and Sound > Devices and Printers.
- Double-click your HP printer beneath the Printers part.
- Open the HP Printer Assistant menu on the following display.
- Jump to the Scan tab and click on Scan a Document or Photo.
- You can both select Email as PDF or Email as JPEG.
- Click the Scan button. Wait until the printer completes scanning.
- Double-click the image to see the scan preview.
- You can rotate the doc and alter the publicity settings like Brightness, Contrast and Midtone.
- Click the Send button.
- It will redirect you to a brand new Outlook message window.
- In the To.. discipline, kind within the Email handle to which you wish to ship the Email.
- Give your Email a Subject.
- Click Send. It will now ship your scanned doc to the recipient’s Email handle.
How to Scan to Email From HP Printer Using Mobile?
You can even use the HP Smart app in your cell phone and use the scan to Email characteristic. To scan to Email using HP Smart, first, you’ll want to create an HP account. Then, you’ll be able to share the scanned paperwork over Email.
- Turn on the Wi-Fi Direct in your printer. If you’ve gotten a touchscreen panel, you’ll be able to navigate to the Wi-Fi settings and switch it on. Or, you’ll be able to press the Wi-Fi Direct button on the printer’s button panel to allow it.
- Once enabled, discover the password of your HP printer. Generally, it’s 12345678.
- Now, go to the Wi-Fi settings of your cell phone and hook up with the Wi-Fi Direct Name of the printer.
- Then open the scanner lid of your printer and place the doc on the scanner glass.
- Close the lid.
- Open HP Smart in your telephone and add your printer.
- Log in with the HP account.
- Tap the Printer Scan button on the decrease left of the display.
- Press the Capture button on the following display. Your printer will now begin to scan the doc.
- You can see the scanned image on the following display. Tap Next.
- Tap the Share icon.
- Choose the format and dimension of the doc on the following display and faucet Share.
- Choose Gmail on the popup.
- Type the recipient’s Email handle, give a topic and ship the mail.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Gaming News