Elden Ring options a few of the slickest weapon designs in video gaming historical past. We solely just lately mentioned the Ringed Finger Hammer, and now, we’re right here to speak about one other cool however highly effective weapon — the Rivers of Blood Katana. It effortlessly finds itself ranked excessive among the many best weapons in Elden Ring, due to its means to deal spectacular bleed harm. This weapon is arguably one of many strongest when used accurately. However, buying it may be a problem for gamers, and it requires sure attributes to be wielded successfully. So, on this article, we focus on the placement of the Rivers of Blood Katana in Elden Ring and the way to make use of it in your builds.
Rivers of Blood Katana in Elden Ring (2023)
Rivers of Blood is a katana in Elden Ring that offers spectacular harm to enemies at shut vary. It additionally has a visually spectacular weapon ability, permitting Elden Ring’s Samurai class gamers to combat from a noticeable distance. Much like each weapon with nice stats, acquiring it requires exploration on the participant’s part. That mentioned, let’s be taught the fundamentals after which monitor down this katana within the Lands Between.
The Rivers of Blood Katana: Overview
Rivers of Blood is a katana possessed by Okina, a swordsman from the Land of Reeds. Considered to be cursed in nature, it’s a katana that offers spectacular bleed build-up, leading to spectacular harm. Furthermore, the katana’s Corpse Piler ability makes blades out of cursed blood with every slash, permitting gamers to combat from a noticeable distance from the enemies.
As per the weapon description, Rivers of Blood was acknowledged by Mohg, the Lord of Blood, after he felt Okina’s insanity and the facility of the sword. This, in flip, compelled the lord of blood to supply Okina the facility of demons.
When Mohg, the Lord of Blood, first felt Okina’s sword, and insanity, upon his flesh, he had a proposal, to supply Okina the lifetime of a demon, whose thirst would by no means go unsated
Rivers of Blood merchandise description (Elden Ring)
Many gamers counsel that the weapon is probably impressed by a sixteenth-century swordsman in Japan known as Muramasa. Legends say that Muramasa’s swords had been cursed and imbued with demonic powers, giving the person bloodlust.
How to Get Rivers of Blood Katana in Elden Ring
The Rivers of Blood katana in Elden Ring is a late-game space weapon that requires you to finish a considerable portion of the sport earlier than you even begin trying to find it. So, earlier than you begin beating your self over the lack to acquire this katana early within the sport, benefit from the expertise. Feel the surroundings, vanquish the numerous bosses and sub-bosses, and discover the numerous areas. Then, comply with the steps beneath to find the Rivers of Blood katana.
Rivers of Blood Katana Location — An invading Bloody Finger Okina drops this katana on the Church of Repose, positioned on the Mountain of the Giants.
Note: Players must be sure that they attain the Church of Repose and combat Okina earlier than defeating the Fire Giant boss. If gamers kill the Fire Giant earlier than combating Okina, the NPC doesn’t invade them, eradicating the flexibility to get the weapon till a brand new playthrough.
1. First, attain the Mountaintop of the Giants space in Elden Ring. If gamers have been following the story development, that is the subsequent space within the sport. Players attain it by vanquishing Morgott, The Omen King, at Leyndell Royal Capital and driving the Grand Lift of Rold.
2. Here, activate the primary Site of Grace (Zamor Ruins), and begin progressing the realm. Follow the trail by way of a stone bridge and activate the Ancient Snow Valley Site of Grace. This can also be the place gamers meet with Millicent (if they’re following the facet quest).
3. From Ancient Snow Valley Ruins, begin heading in direction of a frozen street, with one path going in direction of the left and one other heading proper. Take the left path and proceed following the street until you see enemies combating bats. Ignore them and take a left after reaching the cliff. Use the Spirit springs to take the upper floor.
4. From right here, proceed in direction of the Stargaze ruins on the excessive floor after which take a proper. Keep following the street till you meet an Erdtree Avatar. You can ignore the boss combat if you need. Then, proceed following the street until you discover the Frozen Lake Site of Grace beneath. We are nonetheless removed from reaching the ultimate location to get the Rivers of Blood katana in Elden ring, so keep following the trail now we have described beneath.
5. Once you’re on the Frozen Lake Site of Grace, head southeast in direction of the First Church of Marika. Be cautious right here, as crossing the frozen lake brings a dragon boss known as Borealis, The Freezing Fog. Like each dragon boss on this sport, that is an non-obligatory combat.
6. From the First Church of Marika, head southeast in direction of the Spirit Springs and go above. Follow the roads marked beneath, passing by way of the Guardian’s Garrison. Ignore the enemies or clear the realm out, relying in your playstyle, and keep heading south.
7. Once you attain the Flame peak, activate the Giant’s Gravepost web site of grace. From right here, begin heading southwest and take a left. Continue down the street until you see a Giant and a Giant Crow combating. Head in direction of their means, ignoring them, and keep transferring ahead until you see a Church.
8. At this level, the sport despawns your horse and forces you to stroll to the Church of Repose. Approach the construction, and Bloody Finger Okina will invade your sport.
Okina wields the Rivers of Blood katana, which offers tons of bleed harm on successive slashes in Elden Ring. Keep it in thoughts whereas combating him. Slaying Okina will reward you with the Rivers of Blood Katana and Okina Mask, which will increase Dexterity by 5 factors in trade for focus.
How to Use Rivers of Blood Katana
The Rivers of Blood katana is an distinctive Dexterity and Arcane-focused weapon, dealing giant quantities of bodily and bleed harm in Elden Ring. However, the necessities to wield the katana are modest, as gamers require 12 Strength, 18 Dexterity, and 20 Arcane.
Making certain applicable factors are allotted to those attributes will mean you can make the most of the harm dealt by the Rivers of Blood katana in boss fights. Additionally, more factors in Arcane will increase the bleed build-up within the weapon, so gamers must concentrate on each Dexterity and Arcane stats. The stats for the katana are as follows:
Weapon Type/Skill/ Weight
Requirements and Damage Type
Slash or Pierce harm
Weapon Skill: Corpse Piler
Focus Point Requirement: 17
50 Bleed Hemorrhage Damage
Best Rivers of Blood Katana Builds in Elden Ring
Since Rivers of Blood excels in dealing bleed harm to enemies, it is best to concentrate on making a construct that favors the bleed build-up. First up, that you must equip one other katana within the left hand. Uchigatana is a good armament that gamers can receive early within the sport. It additionally scales properly with Dexterity and Strength, in order that’s my choose alongside the Rivers of Blood katana. Players then want to amass the next objects to finish their Elden Ring construct:
Rotten Winged Sword Insignia: Rotten Winged Sword Insignia boosts the facility of successive assaults. Since Corpse Piler, the weapon ability of Rivers of Blood, permits gamers to make six assaults in fast succession, it should enhance the harm output from it. Players obtain this talisman by helping Millicent in defeating her sisters. Players want to start out and comply with the Millicent questline to amass it, a long-winding side-quest starting at Caelid spanning numerous areas, culminating in one of many hardest but enjoyable boss fights of Elden Ring.
Lord of Blood’s Exultation: Another nice Talisman that gamers can obtain after killing Esgar, the Priest of Blood, within the Leyndell Catacombs hidden deep within the Subterranean Shunning Grounds underground space in Leyndell Capital. This talisman boosts the assault energy when a close-by enemy receives the bleed impact. Since Rivers of Blood katana and Uchigatana deal bleed impact on the enemy with every successive slash, this Elden Ring talisman will multiply the participant’s harm.
Carian Filigreed Crest: The last talisman, Carian Filigreed Crest, reduces FP consumption whereas using weapon abilities. Since gamers will make the most of the Corpse Piler ability to deal bleed harm, equipping this crest will guarantee they’ll use the ability for a chronic time till they run out of focus. To receive it, gamers want to satisfy Blaidd in Mistwood and help him in killing Bloodhound Knight Darrawil on Limgrave. Successfully defeating the enemy will immediate Blaidd to inform you to satisfy Warmaster Iji, located outdoors Caria Manor. Talk with him and point out Blaidd, permitting you to buy the talisman for 5000 runes.
Thorny Cracked Tear: This crystal tear will increase the harm for each successive assault and works equally to the Rotten Winged Sword Insignia. Using this tear alongside the talisman will double the harm output of the weapon ability Corpse Piler. Players obtain this crystal tear by defeating the Putrid Avatar on the Consecrated Snowfield Minor Erdtree.
Cerulean Hidden Tear: Cerulean Hidden Tear ensures that the participant consumes no FP for a short time whereas using abilities or Ash of Wars. This lets gamers use Corpse Piler repeatedly with out using FP in any huge combat for a short while. The gamers, inside this time, can decimate an enemy’s well being bar till the results put on off. Players obtain this crystal tear by defeating the Ulcerated Tree Spirit at Mt. Gelmir.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Equip Rivers of Blood if I Don’t Have Points in Arcane?
Elden Ring permits gamers to equip the Rivers of Blood katana so long as they meet the minimal necessities to wield the weapon. If they don’t meet the necessities, they’ll nonetheless use the weapon. However, the harm from Rivers of Blood katana will likely be low.
I Have a Separate Build, and I Want to Try Out Rivers of Blood for Its Full Potential. How Do I Do It?
Players can respec their character using the Larval Tears within the sport. You want these of their stock and head to Renalla on the Academy of Raya Lucaria.
Rivers of Blood Katana Location and Use Explained
So on this article, now we have coated every part that you must know concerning the Rivers of Blood katana in Elden Ring. We hope it is possible for you to to comply with the straightforward steps to acquire the katana and use the perfect builds to extend the harm output in-game. While Dexterity weapons can take a while to get used to, the Rivers of Blood katana is arguably one of many enjoyable weapons within the sport for gamers to take pleasure in. Did you handle to trace down this cursed katana but? Let us know within the feedback beneath.