7 Ways To Fix “The Cloud File Provider Is Not Running” Error.
OneDrive is a cloud storage platform meant to handle or retailer your information seamlessly. But the identical factor seems because the “Error 0x8007016A: The cloud file provider is not running” error. It often solely pops up if you’re having hassle shifting, opening, copying, and even deleting the information.
When you may’t carry out any motion on these information, it signifies that they’ve not correctly synced. There can be different causes for this error which can be associated to your Windows OS state, potential bugs, or points with OneDrive itself.
What Causes the “The cloud file provider is not running” error?
- The File-On Demand function is turned on
- Faulty or Buggy Windows Update
- The OneDrive file syncing function is disabled
- Your PC is in power-saving mode
- Corrupted OneDrive information and folders
How to Fix “The Cloud File Provider is Not Running”?
Before we transfer on to the treatments, you may attempt just a few fast fixes. Try restarting OneDrive after which verify for those who can handle your information once more. You may also restart your PC to see for those who can bypass the error. If the problem persists, listed below are some efficient options to look out for.
Turn Off Files On-Demand Feature
The Files On-Demand is a function on OneDrive that actively works to eat much less area and obtain information solely if you open/use them. But because the title suggests, it could result in all of the information not syncing correctly in your OneDrive. You may discover that the file measurement shows as 0 KB.
When the information usually are not correctly out there, it can lead to the “The cloud file provider is not running” error. So, we’ll must disable this function. You can at all times flip it back on sooner or later to handle your storage. Here’s how you are able to do it:
- From the taskbar tray, click on on OneDrive icon.
- Click on Help and Settings.
- Go to Settings.
- On the brand new OneDrive pop-up window, click on on the Settings tab.
- You’ll see the Files On-Demand choice on the backside of the window.
- Deselect the field that claims Save area and obtain information as you employ them.
- A pop-up field will seem to Disable Files On-Demand. Click on OK and once more OK within the Microsoft OneDrive dialogue field.
- Restart your PC.
If you’re nonetheless using a comparatively older model of Windows, your PC could be more susceptible to frequent errors. This is as a result of, finally, the OS information get outdated, buggy, and now not suitable with new apps or software program. One instance of it’s “The cloud file provider not running” error on OneDrive.
So, one best resolution is to update your Windows completely. Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Settings from the Start menu.
- Click on Update & Security.
- Go to Windows Update after which choose Check for Updates.
- Your PC may take some time to search for out there updates.
- Install the Windows update and restart your PC.
Manually Resume File Syncing Process
Since the error is generally primarily based on the information not syncing correctly, one resolution is to manually proceed the syncing course of by way of Settings. Here are the precise steps for it:
- Click on the OneDrive icon.
- From the brand new window, click on on Help & Settings or More.
- Click on the Resume Syncing choice.
Change Power Plan on Your PC
If you have got set particular preferences within the energy plan settings to protect battery, OneDrive could be turned off at set instances. This can flip off or make the syncing course of inconsistent, resulting in a typical error. So, verify and see your energy plan settings and alter accordingly.
- Press the Win + R keys. This will open the Run dialog field.
- Type in
powercfg.cplwithin the textual content space. Click on OK.
- Below the Choose or customise an influence plan space, click on on Show extra plans.
- Navigate to and choose the High efficiency choice.
- Restart your PC.
Delete Faulty Folders
If among the information or folders are corrupted, they’ll get caught at syncing and result in “The cloud file provider not running” error. Also, for those who can’t entry these information correctly, we are able to take away them forcefully. Here’s what you’ll must do.
- Search for Windows PowerShell within the search bar.
- Right-click on it and click on Run as administrator.
- Press Yes within the immediate.
- Copy and paste this command:
Remove-Item "Folder Path" -Recurse -Force.
- From the file explorer handle bar copy the folder path of the corrupted folder and change with Folder Path.
- Press Enter.
- Restart your PC.
One option to repair this frequent OneDrive error is to reset this system. Doing so will take away your set consumer preferences. However, you’ll not lose your information. Here are its straightforward steps:
- Press the Win and R keys.
- Enter the command within the textual content subject and press Enter.
- If the above command returns an error, attempt operating the next instructions as a substitute:
C:Program FilesMicrosoft OneDriveonedrive.exe /reset
C:Program Files (x86)Microsoft OneDriveonedrive.exe /reset
Uninstall and Reinstall OneDrive
If many of the options usually are not of a lot assist, you may attempt reinstalling OneDrive. First, uninstall OneDrive using these strategies:
- Click on the Start menu and go to Settings.
- Then, go to Apps and to Apps and Features.
- Locate the OneDrive app. Click on the three dots next to it and click on on Uninstall.
- Click on Uninstall once more from the pop-up menu.
- To set up OneDrive once more, open File Explorer and paste this pathway:
- If the trail returns an error, attempt the next code:
C:Program FilesMicrosoft OneDrive
- Search for the OneDriveSetup.exe file.
- Double-click on the file and launch the installer.
Check out more article on – How-To tutorial and latest highlights on – Technical News